Dr. Lindsey MFUE technique in a patient with previous FUE and strip, McLean VA

This fellow underwent MFUE after failed FUE and reasonable strip case (by me, although he auto-extracted many grafts with a bandana in the parking lot...). Shown is a video of MFUE done to lower his hairline and address new MPB in the middle third.

The link is:

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dr Lindsey:

I find this technique very interesting. Definitely innovative. I think scenarios where patients can obtain industry standard results with a minimally invasive approach are rare. However, modifying the existing FUE practice seems to have worked for this very purpose in the case of mFUE. I'm considering both approaches (FUE and FUT), but leaning towards FUT because of the results. However, this may be an approach worth considering as well. Thank you for creating and sharing these videos.

Research, research, research!

Doctors I'm considering:

FUT:

-Feller

-Hasson

-Konior

Thank you for posting such an informative video Dr Lindsey. When you showed the closed up MFUE sites, it looked like they ran in a line... Won't this increase the likelihood people can make up the scaring?

Also, I find it crazy he put the bandana on in the past... Why do some patients don't help themselves!

Bunsenburner. It is an excellent option. Strip always works best and this is virtually strip quality hair. FUE is a fine option, just make sure you know the pros and cons. I saw 2 marines Friday...both are getting FUE. With that haircut requirement, I agree with their FUE choice totally. But this is a good substitute IF you can have a little longer hair and are scared of a linear scar or already have a tight head.

Destorius. I've tried moving the sites up and down and this just depends on the hair length the guy or girl has to cover the back postop AND what they may or may not need in the future. But I have not had scarring issues YET. There will be one, but it shouldn't be a long linear keloid....

I don't know why people can't follow the dog gone directions the first week...let alone the first night. We see self inflicted screwups a year. 9 or 10 bumping the head or getting bumped by wife/kids...statistically almost always occurring in doctors! And several hats, even stocking caps, being put on in the car....and thus pulling out hair. And that is just what we see..I imagine every office has this nonsense and it probably accounts for some, certainly not all, of less than ideal results at every office.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians