dutasteride and cancer link

dreadlocks

I have a friend who works with pharmaceuticals and she tells me that there has been a non-conclusive link between the use of dutasteride and breast cancer in men (men apparently get 1% of all breast cancers). They are simply monitoring the situation at present. Has anyone else heard anything on this? Also with the very long half life (6 weeks) should we only take one tablet every few weeks?

there has been a non-conclusive link between the use of dutasteride and breast cancer in men

Can you post the preliminary studies?

Also with the very long half life (6 weeks) should we only take one tablet every few weeks?

I don't think lowering your exposure is going to reduce the risk of breast cancer. What you can do is not consume the medication whatsoever.

take care...

Hi mmhce

I'm not sure there is generally available published data on this. I'm hopeing there are experts who access the forum and give us some guidance. Lets face it - these drugs are designed for old guys with urinanry problems and the hair issue is a side effect that has been seized on by 'hair loss clinics' and lots of young men are paying a lot of money for some hair gain but potentially at serious health risk.

Just read on another blog that there is to be a warning includes about cancer if you are using Finasteride/Propecia

There doesn't seem to be any panic, they are just saying keep an eye on your chest skin, and go to the doc if you see any changes. You can see this on (promotional link removed)

Only a small number of people have said they have got problems.

Anybody seen any changes since using Fin....better check with your doc if you have.

• 2 weeks later...