Dr. Lindsey Early growth on 3000 up front on 50ish year old man McLean VA

This fellow emailed pics in over the weekend showing pretty good early growth. He received 3000+ grafts 5 months 3 weeks ago, and like a lot of guys, sent pics saying he was pleased but hoped for more...

I endeavor to remind folks at their 1 month visit that IF they have anything going on at 6 months, terrific..but it takes at least a year, on average, to get near a final result. There are a few really fast growers who are always psyched..and there are always one or 2 really slow growers who are worried at 6 or 7 months when there is not much going on...it makes me worry too...but fortunately ALMOST all of those slow growers catch up by 15 months.

I believe we'll see him next spring at the year mark and get good quality pics to post.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

2.jpg.3dd6f301aabe8abcd6a7f24c20b43186.jpg

11.jpg.c7f5fe7a4691ae666e2aac187a0c42ac.jpg

14.jpg.798a16599fcbb068e821199d85ac0e15.jpg

5b32e846cdcb5_60(3).JPG.5236d0c0edac4365da7907f071535c9d.JPG

5b32e846e3356_60(2).JPG.03b815b413f4dd90d159cf69a219ef47.JPG

5b32e846f35b8_60(1).JPG.76a57204ed8ffbff2ba3c68eb894b2b3.JPG

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

That's 5 months? Wow. Nice. Got to love those early growers!

Curious, Dr L: did you use PRFM on this gentleman?

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I wondered the same thing too...he sent these pics while Wendy and I were in Montreal for my triathlon....

When I checked upon my return the answer is no....SO this gets back at the question I've asked myself...

Should all of our patients get the "fertilizer"?

Argument for: Certainly ALL of our thin haired guys who have done it look significantly better at 5 or 6 months than the guys who didn't do it with similar hair. As we did the first one on Oct 3 last year...it will be another 6 months or so til significant numbers of "control and experimental" group people arrive to see if there is a difference at a year. I believe there will be, at least in thin hair people.

Argument against: This guy, who has decent but not perfect donor hair, is growing great and saved a bunch of money.

But would he have grown better with it??? That is the question.

As he supposedly will do a second case next spring to finish up....I'm going to push him to do it and see if we see any difference.

Good question.

Dr. L

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Very interesting! Look forward to seeing more cases with and without. This will probably help you -- and the community -- figure out when it's best to integrate the PRFM!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Its tough to know.

I have a guy who is very slowly growing....now 7.5 months with just a little. I know he can grow hair, he had a small case elsewhere that grew and our case was routine...no problems and he didn't mess it up himself...

So do we do PRFM to kickstart the growth?

If it works...did it do anything or would he have grown anyway? (probably)

If it doesn't grow much, like 1 guy a year, we'll wish we tried something.

I know that when I have an actual tree that is frail...if I put just a little fertilizer on it it always perks up...hence I'm ready to do prfm.

We'll see.

Dr. Lindsey

McLean, VA