Woke up. Found this on pillow. Is it a graft? Picture provided.

Hey guys. I'm 9 days post-op now from my 1500 graft FUE transplant. This morning when I woke up I found a few little things lik this on my pillow. One had a tiny little hair attached to it. Did I do something wrong? Am I losing grafts? Or is this just dead skin? I know a shedding period eventually occurs, but this soon??

Today I have to spend some time outside in the sun. I'll be wearing a hat. My doctor said it is ok as long as I do. But now I'm nervous wearing the hat all day is going to cause problems.

image.jpg.597886886880fb87a7b6a7c2c094795a.jpg

Thanks man. I think I'm overly cautious and paranoid. I'm checking my head multiple times a day in a mirror.

I have two more questions that I would like to be answered.

1) I still have scabs on my head. Is that normal? And it looks like some of them are getting a little crusty/white. Should I be concerned?

2) How easy it for grafts to fall out or get damaged? And how would I know if they do? I'm asking because I'm with friends, and earlier today one of my buddies patted me on the head a few times, forgetting that I had surgery. Is it possible he ruined my doctor's work?? Again, this is day 9 post op for me.

Edited by tysonjames123

Of course your paranoid..... Everyone is. Your grafts will not get knocked/fall out at 9 days. If one was pulled out it would have fresh blood with it.

You should be working at removing the scabs at this juncture. Soak it in warm water to loosen them. They can be massaged also. Mineral oil will help make them come lose. Some will be with shed hair some wont.

Dr.Gabel 3972 FUT 11/3/14

Progress/Results Below ;)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177388-3972-fut-dr-gabel.html

Squatch is dead on!

Grow well, tyson!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.