Questions on Tugain usage and Second HT

Hello..

Just a quick background info before I start, I had my first HT (an FUT) about 4 years ago and was prescribed Tugain and Finpecia as part of my post-op hair-care. However, I somehow (I seriously don't remember a reason! :o) never used Tugain though I have been taking Finpecia once a day

I have been thinking about a second HT since a few months now to address a couple of areas that may need some work. Now, to my questions,

1. Since, I never got started with Tugain, what would be the best way to approach my second HT? Do I start using Tugain for a few months, wait for any probable results to show and assess the situation thereafter?

2. While I consider Tugain's usage, does it matter that I haven't used Tugain and Finpecia in tandem all this while..?

Thanks for your comments...

If you weren't already using finasteride, I'd say start them both and wait a year but I since you've been using what is arguably the more effective of the two, I don't see the value in postponing your next hair transplant just for that reason.

If you've got the time, go for it. Depending on your particular doctor's advice, you may need to quit minoxidil up to two months before surgery. If you want to proceed with surgery, I suggest adding minoxidil after you're all healed up and it's safe to do so.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks David for your comments

Just curious, is this part of standard practice?

You will need to quit prior to surgery but advice varies widely from surgeon to surgeon. Some say two months, others say two weeks or a few days.

Minoxidil is a vasodilator so it causes blood vessels to widen and increases blood flow. This could result in excessive bleeding during the procedures.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website