Hairline Work with Dr. Keene (Shapiro Medical)

dru7777

Hey All..

Just joined this forum and think it is great!

I had HT with Dr. Sharon Keene (from Shapiro Medical) about 3 months ago. She is very friendly and professional, and always took the time to answer my questions about my recent procedure, which was performed this past February.

However, I am somewhat dismayed that I am noticing many 2-hair grafts right in the front of my hairline, as well as several 3-hair grafts in the front. I was under the impression that the front part of the hairline is only supposed to be single hair grafts, for the best possible natural appearance.

Has anyone else experienced this result from Dr. Keene, or any other surgeons? Can I have them removed surgically later on, when I get another procedure? I really am concerned about this.

I definitely do not intend to discredit any work done by Dr. Keene, but am merely expressing my personal results in the most honest, straightforward manner. She is highly professional, like I said, and I have enjoyed my interaction with her. However, I simply do not know why she would have placed so many 2- and 3-hair grafts right in my front hairline.

Thanks for your comments.

Dru

Hey All..

Just joined this forum and think it is great!

I had HT with Dr. Sharon Keene (from Shapiro Medical) about 3 months ago. She is very friendly and professional, and always took the time to answer my questions about my recent procedure, which was performed this past February.

However, I am somewhat dismayed that I am noticing many 2-hair grafts right in the front of my hairline, as well as several 3-hair grafts in the front. I was under the impression that the front part of the hairline is only supposed to be single hair grafts, for the best possible natural appearance.

Has anyone else experienced this result from Dr. Keene, or any other surgeons? Can I have them removed surgically later on, when I get another procedure? I really am concerned about this.

I definitely do not intend to discredit any work done by Dr. Keene, but am merely expressing my personal results in the most honest, straightforward manner. She is highly professional, like I said, and I have enjoyed my interaction with her. However, I simply do not know why she would have placed so many 2- and 3-hair grafts right in my front hairline.

Thanks for your comments.

Dru

Sometimes in a multi-hair graft, one (or more) of those follicles can be in a dormant phase. That makes it hard for the technician to see that it is a multi-hair FU.

In other words the graft looks like a one-hair FU, but it is really a double.

It's not something that a good doctor would do on purpose. It's an accident. I don't know if there is any way to avoid it.

I would ask Dr. Keene for additional info and ask what she suggests.

• 3 weeks later...

I have read that it takes three months before you even start to see growth, and then it is only just a few of the hairs that start emerging. So you can't be sure those two and three haired grafts are in the front hairline. You need to give it more time before you can really determine if you have more than one hair grafts in your hairline. Some people who have posted today said they took 80 days to see any growth at all.

i have one 2 hair on my hairline. all i have been doing is pluck one of the hairs. the other hair stays in place.