Hair Thining Around Ear Side and Back of Neck

I am 22 years old and so far i havent experienced any hairloss problem, my hair is like as same as when i was at the age of 10, at the moment i have very long hair, but whenever i touch or play with my hands around my ears or back of neck, i gather some hair everytime and i think this is strange process and not typical man pattern baldness story, because i have no problem on my temples,top of my head etc

but also i have seborrheic dermatitis about 10 years and my hair usually itches especially ear side and back of neck, but i cant see connection about my hairloss with it,

so is there anybody have same issue like me, i wonder if it is typical male pattern baldness or something different, because i need solition, it is getting serious :)

Alf,

It's normal to lose 50 - 150 hairs daily. It sounds like this is what's happening when you touch the hair in the areas around your ears and neck. However, you can always have your scalp examined by a physician with hair loss experience. This will help you understand whether this is normal shedding or if it is caused by some sort of alopecia.

Best of luck!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.