Questions About Avodart

hairgoal

Hello everybody,

Let me start by saying that I've been reading this forum for years and it assisted me a lot. I opened my account today :D

I'm 30 years old. I'll define myself a Norwood 3V.

I've been using Propecia for about 8 years. Initially it helped made my crown condition better but over the years, my hair-loss has progressed, but it is more or less stabilized in the last 2-3 years.

I've been recently heard about Avodart and have few questions:

1- How many times a week should I take it? and what dosage?

2- Should I mix it with Propecia? (for example- take Avodart for 1 day then Propecia for

2 days and so on...)? I've been told by a pharmacist that since Avodart and Propecia

are from the same type of medication family it is risky to use them both and it's better

to use only one of them. What do you think?

3- Should I expect any further hairloss if I stop with Propecia and use Avodart only?

4- Sides effects- I didn't experience any major sides effects from Propecia. Shall I

expect the same from Avodart?

I'm fully aware of the fact that Avodart is not FDA approved for treating hair loss.

Your comments will be highly appreciated!

Avodart is much stronger than Propecia. I think it stays in your longer twice as long as Propecia does, so taking it every day isn't necessary.

I take propecia every day and throw in an avodart pill once or twice per week. I find the avodart is a great boost for my hair. Avodart is seen as the fall back for if propecia stops working.

Side effects are a bit more likely I think but are the same ones as propecia - mainly sexual, if they happen. Doseage i think it's 0.5mg per pill. Taking avodart every few days alongside propecia daily helps me a lot, I'd say.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon