Help creating a regime with non surgical treatments

DJMFFT

Hello everybody, I'm new to this forum..

I've been following this without an account for a good 8 months now and I've finally decided to go threw with a hair transplant and I am booked in with Dr koray in October for 3000 grafts fue.

At the moment I use propecia and wash my hair with Taoist soap, Id like to have a regime of stuff to use and stuff to avoid using and know my limits so if someone who knows more on non surgical treatments who could help me by suggest a regime I can use weekly now and after my hair transplant that would be great thanks.:):D

You're likely to get some differing opinions but, in my opinion, the only non-surgical treatments worth using are Propecia (finasteride), Rogaine (minoxidil) and Nizoral shampoo. These are collectively known as the "Big Three".

I see you're already using finasteride. Adding minoxidil (especially generic) is cheap and easy. Shampooing with Nizoral twice weekly may provide additional benefits.

I'm not into Biotin or MSM. They may improve the quality of the hair but they don't treat hair loss. I'm not convinced that lasers are worth the cost either.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thanks for the response David,

I did use regaine foam but the clinic has told me to discontinue this for now as using it could cause me to bleed a lot during my fue surgery hence why I am only using propecia at this time.

I came across a guys thread on here though that told me minoxidl is good but if you ever stop using it you will lose the hairs permanently that it helped grow/stay and of you start using the foam again these will still not come back? Could you confirm this or is it not true?

Also I have looked into using nizoral shampoo and have read to use it only once or twice a week so do you have any suggestions as to what I should use on my hair inbetween these 1 or 2 days a week? Thanks again for your response :)

I came across a guys thread on here though that told me minoxidl is good but if you ever stop using it you will lose the hairs permanently that it helped grow/stay and of you start using the foam again these will still not come back? Could you confirm this or is it not true?

Also I have looked into using nizoral shampoo and have read to use it only once or twice a week so do you have any suggestions as to what I should use on my hair inbetween these 1 or 2 days a week? Thanks again for your response :)

Discontinuation of any hair loss drug will eventually result in the loss of the hair that it maintained or regrew. This is known as "catch up" hair loss. Restarting the drugs may restore some hair growth but you would be unlikely to obtain the results you had before.

In between Nizoral days you can use any shampoo you like. There are many schools of thought regarding shampoos. Some advise using sulfate-free shampoos. Personally, I use a variety of regular, inexpensive shampoos.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Discontinuation of any hair loss drug will eventually result in the loss of the hair that it maintained or regrew. This is known as "catch up" hair loss. Restarting the drugs may restore some hair growth but you would be unlikely to obtain the results you had before.

In between Nizoral days you can use any shampoo you like. There are many schools of thought regarding shampoos. Some advise using sulfate-free shampoos. Personally, I use a variety of regular, inexpensive shampoos.

I'm sure I heard baby shampoos are good to use is this true? If so I could have my regime as propecia 1.25mg daily, nizoral shampoo twice a week, rogaine foam twice daily and baby shampoo for the rest of the washes? Would washing my hair every day not be bad for my hair? Should I atleast miss out two days where I don't? Just always been told washing your hair loads is bad for it. Thanks for your advice

Hi DJMFFT,

Yes, you can use baby shampoo. It is a safe choice as it doesn't contain harsh chemicals like other shampoo do.It was even given for after care after my FUE HT procedure by my HT surgeon.

All the best.

Darlinglocks

Hey Darlinglocks,

That's great info thanks I guess I'll be using those then, feel better knowing I have something in place now.

Do you have your fue experience on here? If so Id love to have a look, really excited for mine now

Thanks again for the info