Hair Loss Tattoo Clinic

When I first saw the topic I thought it was ridiculous, but upon watching the video i'm definitely intrigued.

Basically there is a clinic in Toronto called HIS hair clinic which opened last fall, and it's the only of it's kind in Canada (15 around the world). They tattoo your head to give it the look of you keeping your hair that short to be a choice, and you don't suffer from MPB. I have to imagine this would only be usable for someone who shaves their head, as even with a zero the slight raise from hair follicles imo would be noticeable.

Just thought I'd post it, I don't come on here enough to know whether hair tattooing is a topic people know about, or if this clinic is well known.

For a full head of hair it costs approx $3500 apparently. Imo it looks good on camera and in the promo shots, in person may be a different story. Where I think it may be very useful are those looking to cover a scar.

Anyone have some insight? I was gonna tell my brother about it but figured I'd check here to see what people have to say. Video link below.

CTV News | News Video - Top National News Headlines - News Videos

Whammy,

As a matter of fact, we have a subforum dedicated to this procedure. I have moved your post there.

The process is known as Scalp Micropigmentation or SMP. Many practitioners have popped up over the past few years. Some offer permanent SMP and others use temporary inks that fade and disappear over time.

If you're interested, you can read more about here or just search the forum for more informaion.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...