Does this look like a normal scar at 2 1/2 weeks?

I'm 18 days pos-op and just had the staples removed a couple days ago. I cant help but notice a white puffy line underneath the actual scar itself. I'm not sure if this is a bad thing because if you look closely, you can actually see hairs growing out of both the scar and the white puffy line. However it definitely looks worse than many of the scars I've seen on this site. Thanks!

5b32e72794cd0_Scar1.jpg.515b3c98d397d4ddff2192eac9b077a6.jpg

5b32e727b0238_Scar2.jpg.fbdd7a72ebdafab3bdf44ee4b3224453.jpg

5b32e727c3b81_Scar3.jpg.1487f40e24fb2ea7d2fddffde6f8e6b9.jpg

RR,

It looks like two scars...was this a second procedure?

At 18 days post-op, this could just be some inflammation which should subside over the next several months.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hey Gillenator,

Just one procedure, that's kind of why I'm worried. The bottom red line is from the staples. Do you think I should contact my Dr.'s office?

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it.

RR,

It never hurts to send your surgeon the same photos for evaluation. Normally the staples should not create a red line like that but it could be just from the tension that the staples created.

Staples enable a tight closure to prevent scar stretching. The effect could just be from the tension of the closure. The good thing is that the area and scar does not appear raised or problematic at this point in time post-op.

Personally, I think you will see improvement as the area begins to relax from the staples being removed.

One thing that will help in the short term (30 days) is to apply a rich aloe vera cream to the entire scar and the area just above and below the scar. This will help relax the scalp tissue and help to reduce the redness and inflammation. Possibly your doctor may suggest something as well to facilitate the healing and reduce the inflammation.

If you are a good healer, you should notice a significant improvement in the next three weeks or so.

Congrats on your recent procedure RR...;)

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

You're welcome my friend and it never hurts to err on the side of caution...;)

Gillenator