Dr KORAY ERDOGAN - ASMED CLINIC - 3606 grafts MANUAL FUE

ASMED SURGICAL MEDICAL CENTER

DR KORAY ERDOGAN

- PATIENT'S AGE: 41

- NW: III

- Total transplanted area: 120 cm2

* Temporal, Parietal and Occipital density: 80 uf/cm2

* Parietal and Occipital Hair Diameter: 60 micron

- OPERATION DETAILS: 3606 grafts FUE extracted by manual punch, diameter 0.8 – 1.0 mm.

Incisions executed by: custom made blades, lateral slit

* 545 single grafts

* 2218 double grafts

* 953 triple grafts

* 192 multiple grafts

* General average Hair per Graft: 2.22

- GRAFTS DISTRIBUTION: 3606 grafts were used to restore the patient's frontal area and mid scalp zone.

- FINASTERIDE: The patient started the treatment before the surgery and still continues the usage.

* Please note that the "RESULT" pictures were sent by the patient.

collagefrhs_zpsh9lzmx2a.png

Before the operation

DSC_9604_new_zpscysoacpl.jpg

Operation

DSC_9943_new_zpsmp7ahnue.jpg

12 months after the operation

IMG_1752_new_zps2zli8gpy.jpg

Before the operation

DSC_9605_new_zpslnzsrkie.jpg

Operation

DSC_9944_new_zpsemisl4hj.jpg

IMG_1744_new_zpssj83nnrz.jpg

Before the operation

DSC_9606_new_zpsizfvc2sw.jpg

Operation

DSC_9945_new_zpsddzljnup.jpg

IMG_1748_new_zpsvg64dveg.jpg

Before the operation

DSC_9947_new_zpsx55pm9g4.jpg

Operation

DSC_9608_new_zpsiwor9gic.jpg

IMG_1743_new_zpso3gm73t3.jpg

Before the operation

DSC_9610_new_zpsuhsktn8o.jpg

Operation

DSC_9949_new_zpsltg4owtv.jpg

IMG_1751_new_zpssnv5k6ov.jpg

ASMED Surgical Medical Center

Dr Koray Erdogan. Istanbul, Turkey

- For info, evaluations and quotations: htn@asmed.com.tr

- Telephone Contacts (Numbers active in working time and 24h for urgencies):

Main number : (+90) 216 464 11 11

USA: (+1) 8454612049

UK: (+44) 2035191146

- Free online consultation: Online Consultation Form

- For additional information on our clinic, cost and photos:

Asmed Hair Transplant Official Website

- Our Official Facebook Page

A lot of people have a donor capacity of 8000 +\- 10%. I'd bet this guy may have up to 4400 grafts left. 1400 to finish mid scalp and then 3000 (if he needs or wants them) in the crown. Even if he only had 1400 left he would never look abnormal. FUE has come along way in the hands of the top clinics. This is a great result.

Receding,

8k, even - 10%, would be a very bountiful donor region. Patients may have this physiologically, but it doesn't mean it's what is available for harvesting. In general, you can only take approximately 50% of the donor via FUE before you notice generalized thinning -- some call this the classic "moth eaten appearance." Even if this patient did have 8k that could theoretically be taken, it would result in noticeable cosmetic thinning in the donor.

Now, I did listen to a lecture by Dr E, once, where he spoke about a theory he called "homogenization" of the donor region. Essentially, he argued that you could purposely thin the donor region as long as the hair on the top of the scalp was thin as well. This led to a more "homogenized" appearance of thin top and sides, opposed to a theoretical look of thicker sides with a thinner top -- he called this a more heterogeneous look.

However, this patient's top is so thick that I doubt that's what they were going for. So, like a few others were saying, this definitely is a more aggressive approach, but this is something Dr E strives for and his patients clearly appreciate it!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

50% is too much I agree, unless we're talking about an untouched donor of uniform 100FU/cm2. In most non curly haired Caucasians you can take a third of their donor via FUE. I can guarantee that there are patients walking around with almost 3.5k FUE transplanted with a uniform density of 86% of their preop donor density left. 8k for 33% of their donor no problem for many Europeans, particularly Spanish, Portugese and Italian.