I looked around for an introduction section and failed to find one, apologize if this is in the wrong spot.

New here, and new to hair loss as well. I'm 24, I noticed my hairline receding when I was 22. It has receded more rapidly in the last 6 months than it has the last 2 years.

I don't mind the way it looks, actually like it a bit, until I was buzzing my hair the other day and noticed what I think is a bald spot in the back. It's in the spot where hair normally "whirls," so I'm not sure, but it sure as heck looks a lot thinner than I remember. It also caused me to be more self conscious and inspect my hair further, and my entire scalp does look thinner, although not noticeable to others.

Few questions for others:

I've had bad dandruff that won't go away, the past few months, wondering if this is associated with thinning hair?

I know everybody is different, but how fast did your hair loss progress, particularly when it was most rapid?

If you got a bald spot, which part of your head do you remember it first starting?

I figure if it gets really bad, I'll just do a Vin diesel and wax it. Not fond of comb overs or Caesar look, and I refuse to be relegated to wearing a hat everywhere in fear of others noticing. I'm too poor to afford transplants, and medication seems like such a hassle.

Hey welcome to the forum

Unfortunately the majority of men suffer from hair loss at some point in their life (hair thinning, receding hairline, balding crown etc) some just accept it as part of life and do nothing about it. However, others like me and many forum users in that that hair loss bothers them do something about it and taking action sooner is by far better than just leaving it to develop.

It is obvious that your hair loss is an issue for you since you have come onto the forum looking for answers and to be honest would you actually consider shaving your head? if that is the case then you are not really that bothered but then why have you came onto the forum in the first place!, So firstly you need to be honest to yourself are you just ignoring the fact that you are really concerned about your hair loss or not? I’m not trying to be negative towards you but you have to ask yourself ‘do you want to do something about it or not?’ from what you have posted I think the underlying answer is ‘yes’

It’s good that you are taking action before things progress too far. In response you your question regarding the speed of hair loss ‘that is the big unanswered question’ as you mentioned in your post everyone is different and it does depend on so many variables (your diet, genetic makeup, stress, infection, drugs/medication etc). My own receding hairline only started about 5 years ago at the age of 38 and has just slowly progressed to the point that I had a HT this month, but wish I had done something about it years ago which may have at least delayed the inevitable!!

There are many treatments available to combat hair loss but unfortunately none are really cheap

Medication is by far the easiest method especially at an early stage, I cannot see how it could be a hassle to you as you have several options available all have different cost.

Regaine (Minoxidil) – this is a topical solution that you apply to your scalp daily but can costly per month, but can be cheaper if you shop around or buy in bulk. Hair Loss Treatment Products for Men | REGAINE®

Finasteride / Propecia – this is in oral tablet form (recommended 1mg daily) but these normally need a prescription from a Doctor, However, you can get from legitimate onsite pharmacies without a prescription (contact me by PM if you want the site name), this is probably the most cost effective option but be aware it may have side effects, but check out this web site which shows the effectiveness of medication Twins Hair Loss | Stop Thinning Hair Loss | Dutasteride and make your own mind if this is something you may consider.

Laser Comb – this is like a comb with lasers that stimulate follicles but the units can be quite expensive and results and reviews are mixed, see HairMax | Laser hair growth treatment | Top rated in user satisfaction

Just a last thought, maybe your ongoing dandruff problem is due to a infection of the scalp, maybe worth a visit to the doctor and if he finds nothing wrong you could maybe discuss Propecia / finasteride with him, I hope the above helps you in some way in combating your hair loss

I looked around for an introduction section and failed to find one, apologize if this is in the wrong spot.

New here, and new to hair loss as well. I'm 24, I noticed my hairline receding when I was 22. It has receded more rapidly in the last 6 months than it has the last 2 years.

I don't mind the way it looks, actually like it a bit, until I was buzzing my hair the other day and noticed what I think is a bald spot in the back. It's in the spot where hair normally "whirls," so I'm not sure, but it sure as heck looks a lot thinner than I remember. It also caused me to be more self conscious and inspect my hair further, and my entire scalp does look thinner, although not noticeable to others.

Few questions for others:

I've had bad dandruff that won't go away, the past few months, wondering if this is associated with thinning hair?

I know everybody is different, but how fast did your hair loss progress, particularly when it was most rapid?

If you got a bald spot, which part of your head do you remember it first starting?

I figure if it gets really bad, I'll just do a Vin diesel and wax it. Not fond of comb overs or Caesar look, and I refuse to be relegated to wearing a hat everywhere in fear of others noticing. I'm too poor to afford transplants, and medication seems like such a hassle.

Hi welcome to the forum.

With regarding your comment about dandruff and itchy scalp, nizorel shampoo seems to work well for that. It is classed as one of the big 3. Propecia, rogaine and nizoral shampoo.

Most people have varying degrees of hair loss over varying times so not sure if you can match your hair loss and timeframe to someone else's case.

Your at the right place now, so ask question, read blogs and see what you learn and see what's best option for your unique case.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014