question about shockloss

Hello all, I have a question hopefully, docs ,doc reps or former patients can shed some light on. if a patient has work done on front third ONLY, does he or she risk shockloss in the midscalp or crown if NO grafts are placed in that area,thanks for reading.

SbT,

Areas of the scalp that are directly neighboring the recipient area can experience some level of shock loss but it is rare and not as likely because the trauma is more confined to where the recipient incisions are made.

And if you were to experience some mild shock loss outside of the frontal recipient area, very unlikely that it would impact your crown.

Another possibility is that some individuals experience some shock loss and/or thinning in the donor zone. With FUHT, it sometimes occurs just above and/or below the donor scar, and with FUE, it can potentially happen in the adjoining areas where the extractions are made.

Again, not prevalent but an exception. My observations have been that those individuals that have a more diffused type/pattern of loss can be a little more at risk for shock.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY