Did I mess up my HT?

Hello all.

I had a HT in Istanbul yesterday (crown area). 4000 grafts.

I was advised to sleep on my belly. I was doing that till 1:30 or so..then i was up at 4 or so..to find myself sleeping on my back..there are some blood stains on the pillow and I'm freaking out! I've got a follow up visit in a few hrs... but im really worried :confused:

Don't stress out, hopefully the blood is from the donor area. Weird that you would be told to sleep on your belly, usually they instruct you to sleep on your back at an upright angle using a travel pillow. Who was your surgeon? Does anyone else know if the belly thing is normal?

He did give me a travel pillow, too. but he advised me to try to sleep on my belly but he'd told me if i didnt find it comfortable enough, id could try sleeping on my back using travel pillow. im really scared.

I can't mention his name as he's been 'banned' from this forum.

Blood is normal, can you see any blood streaming from the recipient area? If not, then you most likely have not lost any grafts, and it's just the donor area. I still find the belly thing extremely odd. Almost everyone of the top surgeons like Hasson, Rahal, Shapero, Dorin, Bernstein, and Feriduni instruct you to sleep on your back elevated for the first 5 days. If you don't believe me google pre-op instructions, I read them all when I had my 1st HT procedure. Sleeping on your belly sounds like it may put pressure on the grafts, which can't be a good thing so early on. It will also cause more swelling of your face to mve downward. Then again, I am not an expert, so hopefully someone else chimes in on this. Try not to panic man, I know it's tough to wait. Good luck for when you see him.m