father's day gift for my dad

Happy Monday all

Long time lurker, first time poster

My father is an extremely hard working man. Now 62 years old, he had 2 transplants, one in the 90s, and one in the early 2000's (around 1k grafts total by both) by the company that "advertises" on tv at odd hours. He was planning on going back to get another one from the same place.

Thanks to this forum, the first response out of my mouth was NO. Coincidentally, yesterday was father's day and my gift to him is helping him get some hair back (take that younger siblings!!)

With that, I seek advice from those more knowledgeable than me. He doesn't mind going for FUT again as he keeps his hair thick at the back. FUE could be an option but with him having some meetings planned in a few months, the whole shaved look isn't something he's interested in (unless FUE can be done without shaving)

With his work profile, he can't be gone from work for long..distance is a huge factor

My question to the group:

a) can you kindly recommend a surgeon from the following states:

North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

b) can the surgeon recommended do online consultation so to save time?

His goals aren't to have a full head of hair. He'd like a more defined hairline with more density in the frontal third. The crown isn't as important to him as the front. Pictures attached.

He's originally from South East Asia so that's partly the reason why his donor area has thick hair. Currently taking no meds.

I know it's a push, but I've got him all excited now so he's wanting to do this by end of July..I told him that wouldn't be possible so not to raise his hopes but here's hoping

Thank you in advance for reading as well as your advice

Kind Regards

20150622_094203.jpg.d9d5421763d10482e95a46b2fa091806.jpg

20150622_094215.jpg.00b80f072454a1028e5645019e54ad95.jpg

20150622_094231.jpg.afc4d1dddb91d7e7ce4fbf59f521ca24.jpg

20150622_094244.jpg.b1d846eed03ea900bf64616c59d4e491.jpg

By the end of July is unlikely but there's a chance a cancellation may come up somewhere.

Try the recommended physicians area on the top right of the page and search for those areas. There does seem to be a few good options in those areas, try researching their results in cases similar to your dad's. An online consultation is ok but nothing is like meeting in person first I'd always suggest doing that as it helped me so much, but consultations online are quite commo so yes it's possible. It can save time but discussing face to face and having a doctor analyse the donor and explain possible outcomes based on an in-person evaluation is great.

It's good that your dad doesn't have huge expectations, that's a lot of ground to cover but I think, as long as the donor is ok, he can probably get his desired result on the front provided he goes to a good doctor.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Hi Tommy

Thanks for your response. I previously checked the links for the doctors in GA but they don't seem to have up to date info. ex dr Mwamba is listed here in ATL but I believe he's based in Belgium.

I like what I've seen from Dr Cooley. Is the best way to reach him through his website?

Dr Devries (spelling) has done great work too, both fit the geographic location that my dad needs.

Trying to come up with a short list of around 4 to 5 docs so can proceed from there