Minoxidil aged 47

Durhamboy

There really shouldn't be a age cap on the use of Min aslong you have hair it can help.

5% seems to be the Norm these days.

You can look up google.. bernstein medical to see before & after pics of guys your age.

Edited by ontop
edit

Durhamboy

There is (or used to be) an age limit of 50 years specified on the Rogaine (minoxidil) label. However, that doesn't mean that the product is really not effective for those hair loss sufferers over 50.

The explanation for this stipulation is simply that the original clinical studies were done on men between the ages of 18 and 50 years old and there is no data to claim effectiveness in older guys.

Given you're under 50 anyway and minoxidil is really quite affordable, why not give it a try? You've got nothing to lose and you may find that it promotes new hair growth.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

It takes time though..

Your hair could feel crappy & thin for a few months & maybe loose some also but that's a good sign same as Fin & Dus Meds.

These Meds don't happen over night. Just ride out the storm things could work out well for you.