Hair Transplant Post Operative Care

Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone is in good spirits!

I just had a hair transplant and today is my 2nd day post procedure, by your experience i wish to know:-

1) to make new grafts more healthy and with maximum success rate apart from saline is there something else which i shall be using to make them more strong.

2) Does PRP therapy benefit good results?

Thanks and Cheers!

Akhil

hotelierakhil,

Welcome! I have moved your post to its own thread where it will receive more attention.

When it comes to hair transplant post-operative care, the best advice I can give you is to follow your hair restoration physician's instructions. You should have received detailed directions regarding what to do in the days and weeks after surgery. If you did not or if you have questions, I recommend contacting the clinic for more information.

You'll find that, even among the top hair transplant surgeons in the world, opinions vary as to what should and should not be applied to the scalp during the healing and hair growth phases.

Edited by David - Moderator

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Regarding PRP, again there is no definitive answer. A few years ago it held a lot of promise. To date, I have not seen enough compelling evidence for its impact on hair growth. However, some very well-respected hair transplant surgeons support it.

For the right price, I may give it a try.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

If you did not receive PRP concurrent with your recent procedure, I would not recommend having it done until your scalp heals.

IMHO, the additional injections into the scalp could potentially raise the level of trauma that you already sustained with the multitude of recipient incisions.

I actually heard from a guy who did this and said he immediately went back five days later for PRP injections. He then ended up sustaining a very high level of shock loss. Was it from the PRP injections? No one knows for sure yet the level of his shock loss was alarming to say the least. And he did not have this type of shock loss from his previous procedure where no PRP was used.

Possibly his experience would have been very different (with a low level of shock) if the PRP was added "during" the procedure, but again we just cannot say for sure.

Just a thought...:rolleyes:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY