Minoxidil and High Blood Calcium?

NoTakeBacks

So the past 2 blood tests I've had reported elevated blood calcium levels. It was only slightly elevated in December, which is when I temporarily stopped Minoxidil application for my upcoming surgery, and higher more recently after I started regular application. I do not take a multi-vitamin with calcium, or any calcium related supplements, shakes, etc. I also do not eat much dairy.

So... I'm wondering if anyone has experienced a similar correlation? I've seen a few reports on the Internet for this being a possibility, but we all know not to believe everything on the 'net. There are conflicting reports to support and dismiss this possibility, along with whether or not Minoxidil opposes/blocks Calcium channels. If that is the case, it would make sense as intracellular Calcium reuptake would be decreased, and it would be left floating around in the blood. I would think if this was a common side effect, it would be much more wide spread, so maybe this only affects certain individuals?

I am also pursuing all standard avenues as a cause with my GP, and will have my thyroid/parathyroid gland checked. It just seems odd that the levels correlate with my use of Minoxidil, and I'm extremely healthy otherwise. As always, correlation =\= causation. Also, standard disclaimer that I'm not a Doctor, and just arm chair speculating. (Despite my formal education was as a Biologist, I don't actively use/practice that knowledge on a regular basis).

Just wanting to stop in cause a lot of you are incredibly well versed in this area, plus we have actual Docs on the forum as well. ;D