General information on HT

Hi Guys,

I'm currently 22 and suffering from hair loss, I still have hair to disguise the bald patches I have in my temple areas, I've been on propecia for around 8months I am just starting on minoxdil as of today, witch I will apply to my crown, just wondering if anyone can give me any information on how to prevent further loss, I am considering a HT but I don't want to have a HT on the front to restore the hairline then loose on the back, if anyone could give me any information or point me in the direction of someone who could help that would be great.

Many thanks,

[imgur](http://i.imgur.com/RqfMgbW.jpg?1)

[imgur](http://i.imgur.com/i9JEcu5.jpg?1)

THnaks,

Edited by callumb93

Hay buddy,

Your on the 2 best meds at this time, you can always try Niz shampoo if you wish but looking at your Pics your crown looks fine to me not sure how your scalp looked like 8mths ago though.

From what i can see your doing the correct thing.

& as for HT for you at this time i just would stick to what your doing as the younger you are & catch hair loss early as you seem to have done will carry you for some time.

You could also add some natural supplements to your daily stuff such as Biotin, Msn, fish oil & Vit D3

All won't grow new hair but will give your hair the food that is what is good for it & make your hair feel healthy & stronger.

Remember HT should be your last resort keep doing what your doing.

Best wishes.

You've got a good head of hair there. Stick to the mess, HT are not recommended for under 25, you're doing the right thing. I've just started to use finasteride, I've read a lot online about side effects. I.e depression, shrinking of genitals, erectile problems. What's you're experience been on it?

You've got a good head of hair there. Stick to the mess, HT are not recommended for under 25, you're doing the right thing. I've just started to use finasteride, I've read a lot online about side effects. I.e depression, shrinking of genitals, erectile problems. What's you're experience been on it?

Hi,

I haven't had any side effects or anything on propecia, I couldn't really say if its helped me or not, but I'm not loosing as much hair as I was before I started on the meds witch is a plus sign I suppose.

Hay buddy,

Your on the 2 best meds at this time, you can always try Niz shampoo if you wish but looking at your Pics your crown looks fine to me not sure how your scalp looked like 8mths ago though.

From what i can see your doing the correct thing.

& as for HT for you at this time i just would stick to what your doing as the younger you are & catch hair loss early as you seem to have done will carry you for some time.

You could also add some natural supplements to your daily stuff such as Biotin, Msn, fish oil & Vit D3

All won't grow new hair but will give your hair the food that is what is good for it & make your hair feel healthy & stronger.

Remember HT should be your last resort keep doing what your doing.

Best wishes.

Hi Bud,

Many thanks for the info :)

No probs..

8ve just re read your Post & if I was you i would pass on Min/ Rogain for now as you haven't been on Fin a full year yet & then see what is what at that time. You can always add Min in the future but looks to me that your doing just fine as it is.

You say that your not loosing hair as much then that's a positive note plus another positive that your not getting any sides.

Remember by just sticking with just Fin at this time you & after the first year it should let you know how effective its been for you.

Supplements won't hurt you tho if you wanna look into it.

Best wishes

No probs..

8ve just re read your Post & if I was you i would pass on Min/ Rogain for now as you haven't been on Fin a full year yet & then see what is what at that time. You can always add Min in the future but looks to me that your doing just fine as it is.

You say that your not loosing hair as much then that's a positive note plus another positive that your not getting any sides.

Remember by just sticking with just Fin at this time you & after the first year it should let you know how effective its been for you.

Supplements won't hurt you tho if you wanna look into it.

Best wishes

Hi Thanks,

Would it hurt if i was to use min/Rogain?

Mant thanks

No it won't but after 1 plus yr how would you know if A,B C is effective?

Did you take Pics prior before starting your Med at base line?

This is a good idea to record your progress, so then you can take another lot of pics &

see if things are working.

Then if not then time to add something else like rogain.

I wish i just stayed with Fin at first for 12mth or so then add in Min but now I'm like guess to what is doing its job A B or C.

Edited by ontop
edit