Washing hair - hard or soft, use of fingertips, etc.

Hi - Really hoping for some insight here -

Ever since I got my first HT I've taken a gentle approach to washing my hair, almost like a soft patting -

My surgeon advocates more vigorous washing, with fingertips, to remove dead skin etc. - not scratching of course

I must say I haven't noticed any increased amount of hair in my hands when shampooing - I feel as though I lose 5 hairs in the morning shampooing (that I notice) regardless of the method - patting or more vigorous rubbing

So I'm using my fingertips when washing, not scratching - but certainly more rigorous than the patting I've practiced in the past

Bottom line - help! What should I be doing? I have dry skin sometimes even on my scalp and I'm just trying to get my shower routine straight here -

My wife saw me doing the fingertips thing and she felt it was too vigorous

Thank you for any insight you can offer - FK

Depends on how far post-op you are...my Dr. had light fingertips 4 days post op with increasing pressure each subsequent day and then normal washing and scrubbing 7 days post-op. Your grafts aren't coming out after that so clean your head! :)

1,792 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on April 2-3, 2015

313 graft FUE with Dr. James Harris (Denver, Colorado) on May 3, 2016 to make it perfect!!!