Hairline naturalness

I was looking at a few friends of mine who have not lost a single hair on their heads and have been noticing that their hairlines contain very thin hairs in the front that sort of blend back into thicker hairs. I'm not only talking about singles vs doubles but it seems the naturalness comes from the caliber of the hair in the very front of the hairline.

I often see posts where the HT totally transforms the person but I keep thinking that the hairline might not look 100% natural in the very front because the hairs taken from the back are thicker by nature.

Anyone have any experience with this or have noticed this same thing?

Dr. Umar is a proponent of using nape hair to soften this transition as it's smaller in caliber. However, many hair transplant surgeons don't support this option as nape hair is not considered part of the "permanent zone".

I discussed this option with Dr. Bhatti during my surgery but he said that it appeared that I had already lost some of my nape.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website