2,100 grafts with Dr. Meshkin

Croatia44

Hello everyone,

I just got a FUT surgery on the front of my head head with 2,100 grafts by Dr. Meshkin. I am satisfied with the service he has provided and have been following his instructions like my life depended on it :)

I had my surgery Friday (March 13th) and so far I feel like everything is going well. My scabs are getting smaller and smaller as the days go by and the numbness from my donor area is starting to fade away. Every morning and night I clean the donor with Witch Hazel and put Neosporin on the wound. When I was my hair I use a solution that is supposed to help prevent infections in the grafts which I mix into a pitcher and poor on my head (I do not scrub or touch) and I spray saline solution on the graft sites throughout the day.

I have a few questions for you guys... I always worked out before the surgery and do not want to lose my muscles, especially with summer right around the corner. The doctor said I can resume light workouts one week after surgery. What workouts would you guys recommend that does not strain the donor site. I was thinking of sticking with machine weights and using lighter weight. Which leads to my next question... I drink creatine, BCAA, and glutamine as well. will this effect anything. I have read on this forum that creatine does not since creatine does not effect DHT. But what about BCAA and glutamine.

I was also thinking about starting light workouts 10 days post operation instead of 7 days just to be safe. Since at 10 days the grafts are anchored in.

Edited by Croatia44

Croatia44,

With regard to working out, I'm all for erring on the side of caution. After 10 day's post-op, after the grafts have anchored themselves, it's safe to get your blood pumping and work up a sweat. The main concern for strip surgery patients after that is putting a strain on the still healing scar. You don't want to do anything that may cause your scar to stretch. Just be careful and remain aware of the stain put on the back of your head when choosing your exercises and you should be fine.

I'm not familiar with BCAAs but there is no evidence that glutamine has any impact on hair loss.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website