Flying from USA to turkey for transplant, need advice on what to bring

So I fly out March 31 to go see Dr. Erkan Demirsoy for a 3,500-4,000 graft hair transplant.

I would appreciate any tips that will make my trip and flights more enjoyable.

A list of things I've come up with so far:

-Power outlet adapter

-Neck pillow

-Sleeping meds for the 16hr flights

-Button up shirts

Any more suggestions?

Find the biggest and best portable gadget battery you can find. They are invaluable especially when you don't know if your long haul flights will have USB connectors in the seats. Some do, most don't. They've saved me when I was running low on battery power and didn't have enough time between connection flights to recharge.

Download maps for the region you'll be in onto your phone so that you don't have to use you cell or data plan for GPS mapping. Nokia HERE is the best app for this as you can download entire countries so that you have zero need for any sort of signal to get around. Travelling and using your phone can get quite expensive because it is difficult to find free wi-fi outside of North America. Even hotels will charge massive amounts of money for wi-fi access and forget about getting free wi-fi in cafe's or airports.

Download some books and movies onto your phone, tablet or laptop and maybe bring along some print copy as well. You never know what may or may not happen that will force you to go "old school" with your entertainment. Oh, in addition to your sleeping meds, bring a sleeping mask too. Few things are worse than your neighbor blasting the bright overhead reading light while you're trying to get some zzzz's.

• 3 weeks later...

You're already there. Maybe been and gone but here's my advice for anyone else.

* Ear plugs in case it's noisy outside the hotel.

* Or if you have an Android phone, download Relax and Sleep (free). Which is a great sound-blocking app I use all the time.

And please tell us how it went as it's nearly a week ago...