Softening hairline from previous transplant

I have had 2 previous procedures. One FUT and one FUE. I am looking at having a 3rd procedure done and am looking for recommendations. I live in the northwest and would prefer a Dr in close proximity if all things were equal.

My FUE didn't come out like I had hoped so i think I'm inclined to go for an FUT because of the higher yield and survival rate. I want to have my hairline softened a bit and add density to my top and crown. I had a consultation with Dr. Hasson last month. He was very helpful and a total pro. He thought that I could get 5k grafts harvested in a session despite my donor density being compromised by my previous FUE. He was suggesting that I lower my hairline 2-3mm to help soften it. I was really hoping to not have to lower my hairline anymore in order to make it look more age appropriate for me. So my question is, is there any way to soften the front hairline with out lowering it any?

thanks

looks good squatch. have you posted any recent pictures? I hadn't thought of dr Gabel. Is his office in Portland?

Yes he is in Portland. I believe he does consultations in Seattle and Boise also. I'm at 4.5 months. My signature line has my updates.

Dr.Gabel 3972 FUT 11/3/14

Progress/Results Below ;)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177388-3972-fut-dr-gabel.html

Baldagain,

Check out my results on my hairloss website I had the same dilemma as you. Dr Hasson lowered my hairline and softened it from 3 previous ht's in the 90's. In order to soften a hairline you need to change it's appearance and that is by placing lots of single hairs in front and around the old grafts. The only other option would be to take out the old grafts and then you have the risk of scarring in the hairline and you would have to place grafts in front to cover the scarring or wear your hair forward at all times.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson