New member needs advice on which surgery to choose.

Hello,

Quick brief of my hair-loss. I've been loosing my hair on my crown for about 10 years, I started using Minoxidil about 7 years ago.

I'm now 34 and I would like to get a FUE transplant after spending a good amount of time considering whether to have treatment and which type to go for.

I've been to see to 2 hair transplant clinics, UK Hair Transplant Clinics and The Private Clinic of Harley Street.

I've attached the photo's taken of my crown by UK Hair Transplant Clinics.

They both recommended Finasteride and gave similar prices but after that I've be given slightly different information and would like some advice please.

UK Hair Transplant Clinics quoted me ?7200 for 2500 grafts which would give approximately 5000 hairs via FUE.

The Private Clinic of Harley Street quoted me ?5400 (?1.80 per hair) for 3000 hairs via FUE 3G (3rd gen), they claim to pioneer this technique, they said each hair was individually extracted and implanted.

I spoke to UK Hair Transplant Clinics who have been calling me up since my visit to book.I told them I would be visiting this other clinic before I decided. They claim there is no such thing as FUE '3G' and that because 'The Private Clinic' didn't measure my area, the estimate of 3000 hairs was low.

I'm not concerned about the difference in price as my main concern is best surgery and chance of success.

Any advice is really appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

image002.jpg.2c097d002ced45f47995a62c07a34896.jpg

image003.jpg.7313301b2d9cc94e4229ccf0147c30be.jpg

image004.jpg.9f63350059304df8fe88f360181c905f.jpg

Edited by lee1980
Images files didn't work as URLs so attached to post.

Please please do not use one of those clinics ! they are not to be recommended at all. One of them does not have any decent reviews - infact quite the opposite.

Please check for recommended surgeons on this forum. There is only 1 person doing decent work in the UK and that's Dr. Raghu Reddy.

Give all others a total miss.

Or you could travel to Turkey ? a few more surgeons recommended and they offer good value compared to the UK.

Edited by johnboy71
mistake

Thanks for the advice and quick response!.

I wouldn't be able to travel aboard and cost isn't the biggest issue.

Do you have any links referring to bad reviews or evidence of why I should use these companies or any other companies other than this one guy? I'm totally new to this subject, I did some research but didn't go deep enough to uncover bad info on them and that seems like quite a claim.

You could search through this forum to see that nobody has had a good experience at one of those clinics - they are no better than hair mills.

Far better to go to Dr Reddy if you must stay in the UK. Don't go to Ziering either I can personally vouch that they are poor too.

If I was use I would read up as much as possible before even choosing a surgeon.

The crown takes a lot of grafts and has often been reffered to as a black hole.

Since you only have a certain amount of donor hair you would be wise to get a opnion on what may happen to the rest of your hair.

You don't want to use most of your donor area for your crown and then not have enough left to cover any future hair loss.

Edited by johnboy71

Thankfully, I haven't committed to anything yet. I'll do a search and see what I find. I'm not going to assume a lack of good reviews necessarily means they're not good but I will certainly take any bad reviews into account.

Thanks for your help.

Why can you not go outside the uk Lee ?

If your looking for the best possible outcome I think you need to.

If I were you I would be looking at Belgium, Turkey and Spain for starters.

Pete from farjo said yesterday that their fue is now top notch after Lorenzo's stay there

but I haven't a clue what they charge for fue.

I suppose you could contact them and as their in Manchester if you cannot possibly go outside the uk they might be a option.

I would advise you to run your thoughts by the forum before making a rash decision and as has already been said avoid the two clinics you were thinking of.

Have a nice day

I find it hard to believe that I have to travel aboard to get decent FUE treatment. I'm not saying you're wrong though, it just seems weird.

I'll do my searches on the clinics I've mentioned plus other and may visit one their surgeons and meet some of their patients for myself whilst I'm there. I'd rather see for myself than go off hear say without seeing any actual evidence they're bad, I can't make a judgement till then.

Thanks for the help.

Its is true that to get a decent FUE you need to travel if at all possible. I had 2 HTs in the UK and both were poor results.

I am actually flying out to Turkey tomorrow to get my 5th HT done ! I honestly researched all the Clinics in the UK and apart from Dr Reddy there is nobody offering decent FUE.

Plus you really want to know the name of the surgeon who is either doing or overseeing the HT. Hence why all the surgeons recommended on this forum are all named and have posted quality cases.

Yes my bad.. the Private clinic is part of Restore Hair clinics which is indeed Dr Reddy. There is another clinic which sounds the same.

So out of the 2 clinics you mentioned I would opt for Dr Reddys one, especially if he is the surgeon that's going to be doing the actual transplant.

I would definitely trust in reddys skill but is it going to be him?

If you don't get a gauntee that it will be reddy doing the ht walk away would be my suggestion.

Have a good day

Yes my bad.. the Private clinic is part of Restore Hair clinics which is indeed Dr Reddy. There is another clinic which sounds the same.

So out of the 2 clinics you mentioned I would opt for Dr Reddys one, especially if he is the surgeon that's going to be doing the actual transplant.