Baseballcap?

Hi, I?‚??m starting school after two months of vacation and I?‚??m 2 months post-op. In school I like to hide my new crewcut(nw 6) with a tightfitting NY-yankees hat. During the summer I have not been wearing it so much. Now I just wanna know if this can hurt my grafts or delay my growth??? My doc is away on vacation and I can?‚??t ask him. Do some of you veterans know, please I don?‚??t wanna do something stupid here. Not wearing a cap is out of the question because I used to wear a hairsystem,,,,

Hi, I?‚??m starting school after two months of vacation and I?‚??m 2 months post-op. In school I like to hide my new crewcut(nw 6) with a tightfitting NY-yankees hat. During the summer I have not been wearing it so much. Now I just wanna know if this can hurt my grafts or delay my growth??? My doc is away on vacation and I can?‚??t ask him. Do some of you veterans know, please I don?‚??t wanna do something stupid here. Not wearing a cap is out of the question because I used to wear a hairsystem,,,,

Soccerthug,

Feel confident in wearing that cap. I have been wearing mine (a tight-fitting USC ballcap) since I was less than two weeks post-op. For the first week-and-a-half or so I placed a strip of wetted Saran Wrap over the freshly placed grafts so they would not stick to the material of the cap. After that, I was just careful that the brim was not bent too much as to disturb the angle of the grafts. At about a month post-op I was wearing my cap as I always had before. At two months post-op, you are more than far enough along to wear it with confidence.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Like Robert, I wore the saran wrap under my hat the first week-2 weeks, then I gradually started wearing it back to normal. This Thursday will be 4 weeks post op for me and I am wearing my Green Bay Packers hat the way I always have....and I don't leave home without it!

• 1 year later...

yes, that is the reason. But at a couple weeks post op or even a couple months post op, do you think there's that much of a difference? No. You won't start seeing results until the 3-4 month post op mark.