What is the proper name for these surguries I want? Just general info...

I have been working out for the past few months and havent really seen the results I want. I know it takes time...but just incase I wanna go ahead and get some answers to my questions. I am a male and will be 19 in may.

These are the areas I would want worked on.

NECK (way to fat and too many rolls)

FACE (fat cheeks)

NOSE (too pointy)

BACK (more so the bottom of my back, the sides etc)

CHEST (I feel like I may have gymnostsia or however you spell it and that I may need a breast reduction for it)

There's also more that I have written down somewhere. I'm going to have to get back to this and edit it.

But what can you tell me about this stuff so far? I am going to keep working out and dieting but this discussion is basically just to answer some questions for me.

--jspence :D

• 4 weeks later...

Spence

We all have issues with the way we look at times, some more than others. And If there are certain features that really bother you, okay go ahead and get it fixed.

But you pretty much want to re-model your face. You're 19. If you have gynocomastia, fair enough if you want it gone, but leave the face alone, and definitely don't do 3 different procedures on it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

• 11 months later...

The nose is called rhinoplasty. As for your neck, face and chest: try working out again. You've been doing this only for a few months.

What I can recommend is think before taking any procedures. Wait a few years, if it is still bothering you than you could proceed.

I have been working out for the past few months and havent really seen the results I want. I know it takes time...but just incase I wanna go ahead and get some answers to my questions. I am a male and will be 19 in may.

These are the areas I would want worked on.

NECK (way to fat and too many rolls)

FACE (fat cheeks)

NOSE (too pointy)

BACK (more so the bottom of my back, the sides etc)

CHEST (I feel like I may have gymnostsia or however you spell it and that I may need a breast reduction for it)

There's also more that I have written down somewhere. I'm going to have to get back to this and edit it.

But what can you tell me about this stuff so far? I am going to keep working out and dieting but this discussion is basically just to answer some questions for me.

Technical answer:

Neck: neck liposuction or neck lift

Cheeks: buccal fat excision

Nose: rhinoplasty

Lower back/flanks: liposuction

Chest: gynecomastia male breast reduction or liposuction (the former is far more unpleasant as it means removing the nipple to remove the breast tissue)

Personal answer:

A lot of these things are linked to body mass index; before you consider any fat removal procedures, always try general healthy eating and a fitness regime first. Liposuction does have a purpose for people of a healthy weight who are genetically predisposed to storing fat in certain areas that are resistant to diet and exercise. Liposuction is not a substitute for a healthy lifestyle and a proper diet.

You are too young for buccal fat excision (facial fat will decrease with age anyway) and the op may result in you looking gaunt with age.

You may also struggle to find a respected surgeon to perform rhinoplasty on you at this age. Bear in mind that you are still growing and changing, so surgery to change the shape of the face on top of changing foundations can be problematic and lead to unexpected (and undesirable) results as your face matures. Give it another couple of years. Also: rhinoplasty has a very high number of revisions compared to other forms of surgery, be very careful of going down this path as you may find yourself getting revision on top of revision over the years.

Also: stop looking for flaws in yourself, we all have them. ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I hear you, totally. My facial structure continually pisses me off. Whether you're going to actually pursue a path of changing it really depends on your personal values, the strength of your devotion, how far you're willing to take it, etc.

It's become a fairly well-know truth that "spot-exercise" (burning off fat in targeted spots on your body, like your belly or your neck) is a myth used to sell those B.S. exercise products. These products might make your muscles stronger in that area, but your body will automatically take your total fat content and spread it among the various "fatty" pockets on your body as it is genetically programmed to do. If you "burn off" some fat in that area, your body will automatically replenish it to try and maintain your body's overall form and proportions, which you might not want.

The only real way to fix this is to exercice way more than you do and eat food you probably don't like and deprive yourself of foods that you do like, thus losing weight all over your entire body and, consequently, gradually depleting some fat from your "problem areas."

Or, you can get some spot-lipoplasty and re-shape your body's natural form on a permanent basis. This is also the only way to actually remove fat cells; exercise and diet are good to do by default (whether or not you need to lose weight), but they only temporarily shrink the fat cells that your body would love to fill back up, and eventually it will. And that's not even talking into account the fact that even if you deplete some fat, now you're going to have some loose skin that just hangs there like a turkey waddle (or a belly flap, or lunch-lady arms, or whatever).

If you want real, permanent results, you get what you pay for. I don't know that you really need ALL of those surgeries, the most effective would likely be the neck-slimming and abdominal surgery.

For the abdominal surgery, check out this guy's method; It really blew my mind and I think he's the only doc to do it as of now. It's called "ab etching":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhczmdZh-zE

I work out with weights and run at least twice a week, but I still have the late-tenties belly pudge and can't get rid of it; another year or two and I'm flying to Dallas to see Doc Mentz.

[EDIT] - I dunno if the above counts as "linking to a surgeon" since I'm not actually linking to his web site or associates, and I also can't personally vouch for his work since I haven't had it done. It was just for informative purposes. Take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by OtherSyde