Day 5 after 4070 FUT.... Donor Scar Question

RyanT

Had my first HT this past Monday with a reputable surgeon on this board. Everything seems to be going as planned, however, my donor scar is quite larger and more noticeable than I expected.

One of my main concerns going into this was that I prefer my hair fairly short (2 guard in back & sides) and that I would be able to return to work in 7 days without worrying about covering anything up. I thought I made that pretty clear to them. Well, I have 2 days left and this scar seems much more massive than I expected and there is no way it is going to disappear by Monday.

I've seen plenty of results from this Dr. and the donor scar is barely noticeable (after healing) and I still feel very confident about the procedure and that everything will be good. But I'm a little worried about how long it will take for the donor scar to heal up. Not to mention he decided to take a chunk of hair off the side to boot! :eek:

Am I going to resort to wearing a hat and coming up with excuses for the next two weeks?

Any input is appreciated.

Edited by RyanT