Tim

Hello,

Please guys please help me. I am on minoxidil 10% liquid once at night from last 7-8 months. I am experiencing a lot of itching, white flakes dandruff types even after using a mild shampoo and then when I comb I shed like clusters of hair. Then I opted for ketconazole shampoo, which reduced itchiness and shedding a bit but the moment I wash my hair with a different shampoo itchiness and shedding is back. Though it's suggested to not use ketconazole shampoo daily but I don't have any other option I am forced to use it daily. Please answer my above queries.

And also I wanted to know if I switch to foam version of minoxidil as it's less itchy, will it be as effective as the liquid one because I have heard liquid mixes with scalp better compared to foam. Please help me

Tim,

I'd recommend stepping down to 5% minoxidil foam. I don't know what the ingredients of your product are but liquid Rogaine contains propylene glycol which is a skin irritant. Foam-based product to not.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website