Non-drying shampoo post HT

phl

Hi guys

Has anyone had any experience with extreme drying or irritation of the scalp after their HTs? I've been wrestling with this since my first HT 2 years ago. When an experience with dermatitis resulted in me scratching and irritating my scalp even more, I ended up going to a dermatologist. Anti-dandruff shampoos were even more drying. About the only product I've found for my sensitive scalp is Johnsons shampoo but it provides no thickening or body. I tried Jojobaba (?) - didn't work. Biotin worked for awhile, then became drying. My next product to try is Nioxin. It's on order and I hope it works better.

I need to shampoo every day because an oily scalp (believe it or not) leaves my hair matted. Seems like a contridiction but my scalp gets oily at night.

Other than this situation, my 2 procedures have made a dramatic improvement. Just wish I could get my hair softer (not dry like hay) and scalp less dry and healthy feeling.

Can anyone, HT patients or doctors help me out? Any suggestions welcome!!

Hi guys

Has anyone had any experience with extreme drying or irritation of the scalp after their HTs? I've been wrestling with this since my first HT 2 years ago. When an experience with dermatitis resulted in me scratching and irritating my scalp even more, I ended up going to a dermatologist. Anti-dandruff shampoos were even more drying. About the only product I've found for my sensitive scalp is Johnsons shampoo but it provides no thickening or body. I tried Jojobaba (?) - didn't work. Biotin worked for awhile, then became drying. My next product to try is Nioxin. It's on order and I hope it works better.

I need to shampoo every day because an oily scalp (believe it or not) leaves my hair matted. Seems like a contridiction but my scalp gets oily at night.

Other than this situation, my 2 procedures have made a dramatic improvement. Just wish I could get my hair softer (not dry like hay) and scalp less dry and healthy feeling.

Can anyone, HT patients or doctors help me out? Any suggestions welcome!!

phl,

I use Nizoral 2% every other day and a shampoo called Aqua Glycolic. This is really good at combating the dead skin and flakiness that comes post HT. You may have to ask for it at the pharmacy, but I am pretty sure that it is available at Walgreen's, Eckerd's, CVS, etc.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog