Need Some Help Again With DerMatch...

I just used DerMatch today for the first time. And have to say I think the Toppik looks better. I probably put too much on, so I'll have to try it again. I'm only thinning in the crown in about the area of the size of a baseball. It looks good, but I'm getting this chalky look with a red tint. And it would definitely be noticeable. Any suggestions? I use medium brown Toppik, and am using medium brown DerMatch. I'm sure it's the right color, but this red tint just isn't doing it for me.

Cheers,

danger

I just used DerMatch today for the first time. And have to say I think the Toppik looks better. I probably put too much on, so I'll have to try it again. I'm only thinning in the crown in about the area of the size of a baseball. It looks good, but I'm getting this chalky look with a red tint. And it would definitely be noticeable. Any suggestions? I use medium brown Toppik, and am using medium brown DerMatch. I'm sure it's the right color, but this red tint just isn't doing it for me.

Cheers,

danger

I had the same problem with the Dermatch looking rally chalky and red. I talked to a few users and they said that if the water you are using has any minerals in it, it may cause the Dermatch to go on chalky and too thick. I started using soft water and the problem disappeared. It aplied to the scalp much easier. That's my suggestion and I think you'll find it works great.

Dart told me about this Dermatch trick. Put it on and dry your hair, or let it dry naturally. Get back in the shower and wet your hair but don't use any shampoo. That will take off some of the chalky look off.

Having said that, I did it thought my hair looked OK. I posted some pics with it in and it still looked chalky in the pictures. I guess it's worth a try though if you've already bought it.

Justin,

Soft water? Could you elaborate please?

BTW, I tried out some ProThick on my crown and it worked OK. Since my last HT I really only need concealer in the crown and ProThick is a spray that can be applied pretty quickly.