Time needed for Minoxidil to dry up - Cycle to work

Quasar

Hi friends, @Ko

I would like to know the amount of time I need to apply Minoxidil and keep it on, and allow it to dry up. Is 20-25 minutes good?

I apply Minoxidil twice a day. However, in the mornings I apply Minoxidil, leave it on for 20-25 mins and then cycle to work. After reaching office, I perspire. So, what's the best way out here? Does it require upto four hours for Minoxidil to dry up/get absorbed? Should I apply it early?

Thanks a tonne in advance fora members,

Quasar

In my opinion, it should be just fine. I don't imagine that even heavy sweating would be equivalent to showering in terms of washing the product from your scalp. Are you using liquid or foam? The foam dries much faster.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I've been using 5 per cent minoxidil for three to four years now. Twice a day as you (morning and early evening).

It is liquid solution. Came with a dropper but I decant it into a small 'spray' bottle. Just easier for me to use that's all.

Three to four light sprays and massage in with finger tips. Then wash hands well. Takes 30 seconds!! Yes, that quick. Human nature is such that unless you can do something reasonably quickly, conveniently & effectively then you'll give up doing it eventually ! This works 'for me.'

Often I'm wearing a cap within 10 minutes of this process to go outside.

Never had a problem :)