Frontal Revision or remove with laser? See picture

pbaldi

NuHart messed me up 5 years ago buy putting 800 graft in the frontal using my coarse hair instead of breaking them up into fine single grafts. The hairline looks uniformed and ridiculous especially now that it has receded more.

Other surgeons are suggesting that I take off as much of it as I can by FUE but I would really prefer to find another method of removing them. I know laser isn't really permanent and electrolysis isn't any better. Should I just let them FUE them out? I would hate to have little white dots on that area. Has anyone done a revision in the front?

My other question is, will 1500 grafts be enough for me as most surgeons I've seen are suggesting? They're saying I should leave the top of my head alone and just put hair around it. They dont want to "chase that hair out". But it's thining. I would rather take care of it now than to go back again in a couple of years for another surgery. I was thinking just go with about 4000 grafts?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

DSC02953_zps3900809d.jpgDSC02955_zps583fedf8.jpgDSC02963_zpsc8f0c504.jpg

first of all forget using laser or electrolysis. although both will produce permanent hair removal if done enough times. one round won't remove hair. electrolysis wud be ur only option there but a bad option imo.

it really doesn't look that bad imo. not sure u need to remove anything. u can just have a good FUE surgeon fill in the spaces and it will look fine but if not removing them isn't a big deal and no ur not gonna have dots all over ur head. thats an old wives tale these days with modern FUE procedures done by top surgeons.

ur hair is somewhat coarse but it appears as tho u have plenty of donor hair. 1500 grafts wud not address ur front and top.

u cud fit 2500-3500 grafts in there and it will look pretty dense. if look at Doganay or Erdogan and even Demsroy. all from Turkey. Demsroy will be the cheapest.

Your best long-term cosmetic option would have to be done in two steps, separated by at least 6 months. First, have (at least) the grafts in your hairline zone and temples individually punched out and re-implanted well behind your hairline zone. If any of those grafts contain more than 4 hairs, they can be further dissected (split into smaller grafts) before being re-implanted. Depending on the size of the grafts being extracted, some or all of the punch sites might be sutured for a week to ten days. Then heal.

Yes, there will be some white dotting (scarring) where the grafts used to be, but if you heal well and had a good surgeon, it will be more subtle than you'd think. In some cases it is barely noticeable. In your case, you appear to be "lucky" in that the grafts don't appear to contain large amounts of skin tissue or lots of hairs. Besides, the scarring will only temporarily be exposed because . . . . .

Second, after waiting at least six months, have an FUE transplant of your hairline, temples, and frontal third. I don't know that 1500 grafts would do it, but it would give you a good start. You might decide you want more, either as part of the same session (if your doc does more than 1,500 FUE grafts per session) or in the future.

IMO, this is a better approach than trying to transplant in front of and around these grafts. You would have to lower the hairline, which might not be wise. Even then not only might some of these stronger grafts still be seen but their angulation seems out of whack as well, which could also compromise the appearance of a transplanted hairline.