Any point to using Rogaine 5% only once a day?

ftbpicks

Hey everyone

Just wondering if there is any point to using Rogaine 5% foam once a day as my doctor recommends using it for the first year and I really don't want to use it twice a day as I already feel bad enough about using Proscar.

My scalp is very sensitive and wondering if there is any benefit to using it just once a day or do I have to use it twice a day to see the new follicles kickstarted which is why he recommends it.

Any advice or thoughts would be great.:)

Some hair restoration experts feel that using minoxidil foam once daily is nearly as effective as using liquid minoxidil twice daily. However, the truth is that no one can say for certain what your personal experience might be.

Bear in mind that the side effects of topical minoxidil are rare and fairly mild. In addition, the foam doesn't tend to irritate the scalp like liquid does because it does not contain propylene glycol.

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

How is foam more effect than liquid David?

I don't believe that foam is necessarily more effective. Given the same active ingredient (5% minoxidil), both products should perform equally well. However, Coalition physician Dr. Glenn Charles has stated that he believes the foam provides a better vehicle for absorption.

Coalition physician Dr. Robert Bernstein has also stated that, while he believes twice a day application yields the best results, once per day may still be effective and much better than none at all.

You can read more here,

Which Is Better: Rogaine Foam Or Liquid?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Foam is much easier to apply than liquid which may simply drip down your head onto your neck or into your face.

I also personally believe that applying the foam when your head/hair is dry will allow it to absorb better into your scalp - I can feel it soaking in when my hair is dry, whereas I cannot if my hair is wet.

NW5a, fin/foam/couvre

3801 grafts FUE, Dr Jose Lorenzo - Madrid, November 2014