How much should one pay for propecia in the US?

Atomic26

I went to the dr and got a prescription for 1 mg propecia per day. I was shocked to go to the chemist in Boston and have them dial up $220 for a 90 day supply. Somehow $900 a year doesn't seem like the right price.

where can I get a better deal?

Yes - local pharmacy. I live in New England as well. Pharmacies will vary in price a bit. Generic is cheaper than brand name. Generic 1mg finasteride still costs more than the generic 5mg. You need a prescription - my primary card provider gives me mine.

Why the price difference - I have no idea. Someone must be making money off this somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes - local pharmacy. I live in New England as well. Pharmacies will vary in price a bit. Generic is cheaper than brand name. Generic 1mg finasteride still costs more than the generic 5mg. You need a prescription - my primary card provider gives me mine.

Why the price difference - I have no idea. Someone must be making money off this somewhere.

so even with generic propecia around its still cheaper to buy proscar 5mg? Wow i thought that would have changed.