Best shampoo and conditioner to use post HT?

It has been about a month since my HT with Dr. Meshkin and I have only been using organic shampoo and conditioner. I have been using this stuff my mom came across at some shop she was in. It is called Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner. It doesn't have any sulfates in it, which I'm trying to stay away from. I figure using standard shampoos with a ton of chemicals isn't a good idea. I feel that I should have purchased a recommended shampoo from Dr. Meshkin directly after my HT. I feel regret for not doing that. I plan to buy one of the shampoos that prevent hair loss and promote hair growth from him soon. Would waiting a month after my HT to start taking this shampoo in a sense be "too late" since I didn't start using it right after my HT? I figure that this isn't the case and I will start using even better shampoo and conditioner soon. The organic shampoo I'm using now is healthy, but besides the keratin, I don't think it has too many hair growth properties. Anyway, I was wondering what people on here are using and what you recommend for good hair health?

Edited by nervousguy

Congrats on your surgery. I don't really buy into shampoo doing a great deal as I have tried many over the years and just really think they are about keeping the hair and scalp clean. That said many guys use Nizoral once or twice a week alongside a normal shampoo as it has some anti dht qualities. Most clinics supply a shampoo for the first month or so but you need not feel bad about buying more from them.

I use head and shoulders for men every other day or daily if I have been playing sport.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Congrats on your surgery. I don't really buy into shampoo doing a great deal as I have tried many over the years and just really think they are about keeping the hair and scalp clean. That said many guys use Nizoral once or twice a week alongside a normal shampoo as it has some anti dht qualities. Most clinics supply a shampoo for the first month or so but you need not feel bad about buying more from them.

I use head and shoulders for men every other day or daily if I have been playing sport.

Thanks man. Yeah, well anti DHT sounds good to me. I will probably purchase some Nizoral shampoo in the near future then. I have been keeping my hair and scalp really clean each day as well.