Any advice?

bmorelaxing

I noticed my hair thinning a little more in the mid section and front of the scalp, its slow but noticeable to me and somehow the hair just seems weaker there and it falls out easier than the hair near my crown. I have been on finsteride 1mg, for about a year and 3 months. I have been on rogaine foam for 8 months and switched to liquid this previous 7 months. I have been apply it in the mornings while my hair is wet right out of the shower then blow drying it so it drys quicker. I was my hair with paul mitchells shampoo every morning, and use his green tea formula once a week. I use biotin, 10,000 mcg every day.

I also work out and consume protein called triple impact protein by nutrology and these pills called omega cuts which contain fish oil which some people say increase hairloss, is this true?

Anyways my question is, is there something I could be taking or possibly do to decrease my hair loss?

You're already using the two best medical treatments available. However, I would suggest towel-drying your hair thoroughly before applying minoxidil. I would also allow the minoxidil to dry for at least 15 minutes prior to applying styling products or blow-drying. You want the medication to be absorbed into the scalp. This is stated on Rogaine's own website FAQ.

Can I apply ROGAINE® products to wet hair?

The people in our clinical studies were advised to completely dry their hair and scalp before applying ROGAINE® products. However, that's not always possible. We suggest that you at least towel-dry your hair before applying ROGAINE® products so that your hair is no longer dripping.

Can I still use my regular styling aids, like hair spray or gel, when using ROGAINE® products?

You may follow your normal hair care routine when using ROGAINE® products. However, you should apply ROGAINE® product first and wait for it to dry before applying your styling products.

I'm not aware of any studies that have been done on the effects of fish oil on hair loss or hair growth. However, I doubt that it's having any substantial effect either way.

You may be experiencing a temporary, seasonal shed or it could be that your hair loss has become more aggressive.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

You're already using the two best medical treatments available. However, I would suggest towel-drying your hair thoroughly before applying minoxidil. I would also allow the minoxidil to dry for at least 15 minutes prior to applying styling products or blow-drying. You want the medication to be absorbed into the scalp. This is stated on Rogaine's own website FAQ.

Can I apply ROGAINE® products to wet hair?

The people in our clinical studies were advised to completely dry their hair and scalp before applying ROGAINE® products. However, that's not always possible. We suggest that you at least towel-dry your hair before applying ROGAINE® products so that your hair is no longer dripping.

Can I still use my regular styling aids, like hair spray or gel, when using ROGAINE® products?

You may follow your normal hair care routine when using ROGAINE® products. However, you should apply ROGAINE® product first and wait for it to dry before applying your styling products.

I'm not aware of any studies that have been done on the effects of fish oil on hair loss or hair growth. However, I doubt that it's having any substantial effect either way.

You may be experiencing a temporary, seasonal shed or it could be that your hair loss has become more aggressive.

Thanks for the advice, ill start waiting to blow dry my hair from now on.