Avodart

withwings

Hello everyone!

What's everyone's opinion on Avodart? I have been taking Propecia for over a year and while I'm sure my hair loss would be worse without it, it hasn't stopped or really slowed down much at all, so I'm considering switching. I'm wondering what other forum members have experienced using Avodart and its effectiveness versus Propecia. Is there an initial shed as there is with other hair loss drugs? Any feedback would be appreciated.

I've had good luck with Avodart. Propecia was mildly effective for me, but Avodart really slowed my loss down to nearly a halt. It's a potent drug, though, so it shouldn't be taken lightly. It really interferes with my sleep (it affects NO production in the brain, which has a direct impact on sleep), but I tolerate it. But for many people, it has an efficacy above and beyond Propecia.

what dosage of Avodart are you using win200 and how many times a week?

does it affect your sleep on days when taking it, or all the time?

poor quality sleep on Propecia was one of three reasons I had to drop it, was thinking to try Avodart at some time

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

what dosage of Avodart are you using win200 and how many times a week?

does it affect your sleep on days when taking it, or all the time?

poor quality sleep on Propecia was one of three reasons I had to drop it, was thinking to try Avodart at some time

I'm on .5mg daily. And yes, it affects sleep all the time. It's not enough to cause me to drop the drug given that it's very effective on my hair, but it's annoying.

If Propecia interfered with your sleep, then I don't see why Avodart wouldn't be worse. And remember, Avodart takes WEEKS to cycle out of your system, so if you see side effects you won't be able to kick them quickly.

I'm on .5mg daily. And yes, it affects sleep all the time. It's not enough to cause me to drop the drug given that it's very effective on my hair, but it's annoying.

If Propecia interfered with your sleep, then I don't see why Avodart wouldn't be worse. And remember, Avodart takes WEEKS to cycle out of your system, so if you see side effects you won't be able to kick them quickly.

Thanks for the follow up win, isn't quality sleep important for hair growth as well?

Anyway glad it's working for you.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

Thanks for the follow up win, isn't quality sleep important for hair growth as well?

Anyway glad it's working for you.

I'm sure sleep has SOME impact on hair growth, but I've never seen a study assessing that correlation, so it's entirely speculative. But think about it this way: what do you think helps hair growth more: consistently top-quality sleep or 95% DHT inhibition? That's an easy question to answer. And it's not like I'm the walking dead; I do sleep, but typically don't wake up feeling highly rested. It's tolerable.

do you take any sleep aids (melatonin etc.) to combat it btw?

you're still quite young and Im not sure how aggressive your loss is, so yeah probably a good idea to stay on it

go dense or go home