26 yrs old Norwood III - HT?

I asked a few questions about a specific clinic previously, but I thought I'd post my info and get some general advice on HTs. I've gone over Micky85's very comprehensive information, which is leaning me towards FUE rather than the FUT advised by the consultant I recently met with.

I've receded in the v shape (beginning at 23 yrs), with a little thinning at the very front, but my crown remains as thick as ever, and the consultant at Elite Hair Restoration said he would assume my crown would stay that way. My father's hairline is almost exactly the same as mine at 52, if generally a little thinner all over (my remaining hair is mostly thick), so I'm hoping mine won't progress further. Still, the consultant said as mine is slightly thin at the front it looks as if it may recede completely away from the front, leaving me with a large forehead as opposed the v shaped hairline I have now.

I've been told by this clinic that I can have FUT to restore my hairline with 1750 grafts, and that post treatment I should use rogaine to keep the hair I had before surgery from falling out. After reading up on FUT/FUE, it seems that for a hairline procedure, FUE would be superior. If I'm going to do it I want to do it properly and have as realistic a hairline as I can.

A big question is, how much should I expect to pay for a good FUE procedure?

Also, do you agree that FUE is preferable for me? Does rogaine really prevent further hair loss (to an extent?)

How important is it to use a renowned surgeon? I've read a lot of skepticism about lesser known or unknown surgeons so I've asked the Elite Hair Restoration clinic to send me some examples of their surgeons work. If anyone here is comfortable with me sharing those examples with them to offer the benefit of their experience it would be greatly appreciated.

On a final note, I'm considering the surgery because my confidence is drastically lower since receding so much - I wore my hair very long up until it became noticeable, so it's drastically changed my appearance and made me look and feel a lot older. I mention this just so you know that I would seriously like to have it done, I just don't want to make any mistakes so I'm researching it with as much scrutiny as I can.

Thanks

I agree that you should be looking at FUE - especially as you have been recommended less that 2000 grafts.

Please do some more research though for different clinics. Be prepared to travel too as the UK does not really have many decent HT surgeons. Look at the list of recommended Drs on this forum.

Belgium isnt far. And Turkey is a good place to get FUE done with recommended Surgeons.

Im from the UK but travelled to Turkey for my last 2 Hts - both being FUE. I have previously been to 2 surgeons in the UK but wish i never did ! !

Hi punkrocker

You've made the most important step by joining this network, well done. Like jonnyboy71 said get some pics on here. As far as meds are concerned, they really only work in the crown and midsection. So if it's your hairline which is the issue, ht procedure is really your only option. Like you I was an Norwood 3 when I started my ht journey 3yrs ago. Advice, ask! And asked again and plenty of research. The more positive reviews you get, the easier it gets to make a decision. Feel free to ask any questions.

Regards Tony.

Thanks theportchesterpirate, I'll get some pics up as soon as I can. In the meantime I'm being put off the Elite Hair Restoration clinic I initially visited (here is some examples of their work, I've requested more to be sure - Patient Story 1 - Elite Hair Restoration), I can't find much feedback at all about the surgeons or the clinic. And I'm looking at Dr Reddy at The Private Clinic (his work is labelled, there are two surgeons here and Dr. Reddy looks, at least to my rookie eyes, to be superior to Dr Kouremada-Zioga - Before and After image gallery / The Private Clinic). I saw a member of this forum post some pics of his treatment performed by Dr. Reddy and they seemed promising. Would you agree he is a reputable surgeon?

Hi just looked at your link, and yes not much to go on with EHR. Couldn't find a gallery. Maybe post a thread on here asking for any happy patients of EHR. Checked out the photos on the Private Clinic and yes Dr Reddy's work looks good. If you are really thinking of using Dr Reddy, again search for happy clients of him on this forum, and pester them with Q&A's. Don't ever be afraid to keep asking questions, whoever you choose it has to be the right Dr for you.

I've seen many horror story's due to being to eager and picking the first clinic that comes along. So take your time and research! There are many very good Dr's out there who aren't on this site.

Regards Tony.