Day 6 - Donor Area Relief

I am on day six of my recovery from 3,000 grafts FUE and the pain to the donor area last night through today has been almost unbearable. I went to work this morning but left as I knew I needed to take a vicodin to relieve some of the pain, but could not work on the medication.

I immediately jumped onto this site and researched some ways to relieve the pain as well and found the following:

Pain Medication

Warm towel with Epson salts

Aloe vera

Vitamins A, B, C, etc...

Cold ice-like compress

I do not plan to do all of these but am wondering if there are others I did not find on the forum?

I am also aware of what causes this pain specifically to the donor area and know that in most instances that it will greatly subside in 10-14 days post-op, but if this pain continues I am in for some sleepless nights.

I just posted about myself experience. I'm having the exact same issue with pain in the donor area. I am 6 days post-op and the pain began at 4 days post-op. Thanks for your post. I have been taking Advil and the cold compress on the back of my head has really helped a lot. I'm encouraged from all I have read also that this should subside in the first couple weeks. Good lick to you and keep me updated on how you're feeling.

Today marks day 14 since I had FUE and I can honestly say that I have zero pain at this point. I had a heck of a time from day 6 - 8 with the pain in the donor area but it is a distant memory now and I am no longer on any pain medication.

Advice to anyone else who feels an instant shock of pain through days 6-8, it gets better, much better.

I'm on day 12 and I totally agree. I started to feel a difference on day 9 and it has gotten better each day since then. I would say I'm almost 100% pain free. Really good info for people to know that have this situation as it can be very concerning when you're in the middle of it. Seems like from all the info I have seen and my own experience, this goes away within a couple weeks.

HI guys,

I'm at day 31, just made 1 month...and I have to say that yes the pain goes away one day at a time...I didn't have to take Vicodin, just took advil and every now and then would get a little shocking pain. But applied Aloe Vera gel to my donor area which helped to soothe the pain and redness, now I'm just dealing with the frontal area bad haircut and redness phase. Good luck and blessings on great growth.

If you will it, they will come.

I'm at day 16. Everything is mostly back to normal at this point, but it does feel numb in the donor. The only time I feel anything significantly different than normal is when I bend my head down...not pain, but very tight. It's really a non-issue, but I would like to resume some light weight-lifting soon (nothing heavier than 90 lbs, at least until I hit the 30 day mark).

HI guys,

I'm at day 31, just made 1 month...and I have to say that yes the pain goes away one day at a time...I didn't have to take Vicodin, just took advil and every now and then would get a little shocking pain. But applied Aloe Vera gel to my donor area which helped to soothe the pain and redness, now I'm just dealing with the frontal area bad haircut and redness phase. Good luck and blessings on great growth.