Drugs for thining around sides and back

nicksam086

Hi All,

I am a diffuse thinner and had a FUT. (Hate that doctor who insisted to have FUT instead of FUE). Now I am scared because scar is really visible, since I am thinning around sides and back. Wanted to know if drugs like Propecia and Minox will work for hairs on sides and back. If not regrowth, at least I want to retain the hairs that I have. This might help me to grow the hairs and cover the scar. I am 28 now. And NW6/7 .

Thanks.

A lot people thin on the sides and back as well, besides the top and crown due to retrograde alopecia. For some reason the thinning became more prominent after my FUT. I do not think many patients are aware of this before committing to FUT. I am not sure how bad it will get over time due to further thinning.

In my case I cannot say propeica is thickening my sides, though it has regrown some of the hair on my top. I wonder why it would not thicken the sides provided the thinning is caused by DHT and Propecia suppresses it.

Thanks Torip.

So you mean to say that it can only get worse ? Do you think that this might be due to shockloss also because I had my HT in May 2013 and a PRP using micro-needling in Dec 2013. Some people say that there should not be any shock loss after 10 months. But I had a PRP like 4 months back. I was wondering if that is the case. Because I never had this kind of shedding before HT.

Does anyone know the best remedy for this. Because if it continues for another 2-3 months, I will be left with no hairs.