Dropping Avodart?

win200

I've been on Propecia since September '12, and hopped on Avodart in December '13. I was still getting like ~15 hairs in the shower, which I didn't like, but in retrospect that seems like really mild shedding to warrant getting onto something as powerful as Avodart.

Long story short, the sexual sides have been unpleasant from Avodart--no morning wood, reduced erection duration/firmness, etc.--and I'm going to ditch the drug. Thankfully, I kept taking Propecia the entire time I was on Avodart. Given that, is there any reason NOT to just stop taking Avodart cold turkey? If the Propecia has been in my system the entire time, it seems like I can just cycle off without a problem.

And yes, I know the half life of Avodart is long and it'll take some time for the effects to subside.

Thanks!

I am ditching the Avo as well. I think it has had a negative impact on my hair. Will continue with fin though.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

How long were you on Avodart for? It had a negative impact on my hair until like 2.5, 3 months, when it started working like crazy. But the sides just aren't tolerable for me--huge loss of libido, energy, focus, etc.

I was on it for 8 months and I seemed to lose hair faster than ever. I assume a shed does not last for 8 months so I dropped it assuming its doing more hard than good.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Just a tidbit I'm dropping in here. I had my testosterone tested before starting Avodart, and it was 1,000--the very high end of normal. Interestingly, after four months on the drug, it's now 500. Still in the normal range, but obviously much lower. Not sure if that's due to a time of day difference (first draw was at like 8am, second was at 2pm), but mildly concerning. Prior to Avodart, I was on Propecia, so there was still a DHT inhibitor in my system.

Just a tidbit I'm dropping in here. I had my testosterone tested before starting Avodart, and it was 1,000--the very high end of normal. Interestingly, after four months on the drug, it's now 500. Still in the normal range, but obviously much lower. Not sure if that's due to a time of day difference (first draw was at like 8am, second was at 2pm), but mildly concerning. Prior to Avodart, I was on Propecia, so there was still a DHT inhibitor in my system.

Strange, your free Testosterone should have gone up!!

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Strange, your free Testosterone should have gone up!!

I think it might be a time of day thing. Apparently T blood draws are always supposed to be between 7 and 10am when levels are the highest.