A question for those who didn't shave their head pre-op

jcm126

I'm a NW3 and got 2300 grafts put into my hairline using FUE. Given I still had some hair and manage to style it ok pre-op I decided not to shave my head.

For those who did the same how many days did you wait until you started styling your hair as you would pre-op? I'm planning on combing it back with hair clips for the first 10-12 days and looking to start styling it again like normal once the scabbing falls out.

Is this a good idea?

@Jcm126

Hi there. Three days should be fine. There's no way you can damage the grafts unless you get too much sun exposure up there. Be watchful that you don't dislodge of pull the newly planted hair. Don't do anything to have any blood showing anywhere. Blood is not a good indication of proper care. Don't use products that might increase the chances of adhesion of hair and scalp. You've invested way too much to lose even one precious graft, my friend. Best wishes!

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians