Generic Finasteride - Sun Pharma

Earmuffs

Have others gotten a script for the generic finasteride and filled it at Costco? I did that a few weeks back and I was amazed that a 90 day supply was only $35, rather than the $180 CVS wanted for their generic brand. But I also wonder whether I am getting what I pay for, meaning is the generic one from Sun Pharma that is sold through Costco as effective as the other generic brands than cost more.

Does anyone have any thoughts on that topic? One of the reasons I ask is that since I started on the Sun generic I feel like I am losing a bit more hair in the shower than previously.

I would love some feedback from you guys.

Thanks so much.

Ear,

Does it say the dosage is still 1mg finasteride?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

It does. It says 1mg and then on the little brown pills it has a number, i think its 714. I did read somewhere that when pills say 1mg of any particular drug (not just this one) its really an estimate as to the actual dosage since these pills are made in large vats and its not possible to get it completely accurate. What are your thoughts?

Thanks so getting back to me.

Ear,

It's my understanding that generic drugs must contain at least 80% of the active ingredient in the brand name product. This means the generic pills should contain somewhere between 0.8mg to 1mg of finasteride. Altogether, they should all contain roughly the same amount of the drug and offer the same therapeutic benefit.

Hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.