Finastride Yay or nay HELP wanted....Pics attached

ace91

Hello to all fellow members,this is my very first post.I have attached my photos which will give you guys some idea of where i stand right now(well not exactly these pictures are around 4months old).I have never been on any sort of drugs and ofcourse the use of finastride has come to mind many times but i have never been able to push the trigger because of all the horror stories i ve read on the internet.

Now what i have established so far is that i am a diffuse thinner thinning all over in a norwood 6 pattern i presume and i started noticing thinning 2 years ago. Now it has become evident that i am heading for the worse which brings me to my penultimate question

1.Should i start FINASTRIDE ???? and to be honest my mind is still convincing me not to as i am typing this.So please honest opinions are requested from those members who have used it or are using it.Those who have had no side effects are encouraged to reply as web is cluttered with all the negative reviews of the product. And do take my condition into account(diffuse thinning)

2.I have established that now is not the time nor the age to consider Hair transplant, though i know that i will be needing it in the next 2 or 3 years given the way i am thinning,but that i suppose is a matter of discussion in another thread.

3.Also please guide me on any medical tests that need to be carried out before starting Finastride like sperm count etc...which will help me evaluate my condition afterwards

So HELP guys :confused: Thanks in advance

2.jpg.682f0a3046479b7ab2737ddaf51fbef1.jpg

3.jpg.652b2703b4f057dbc777c8918d12dc20.jpg

5.jpg.9124996be14663cd27225a00159a3c53.jpg

4.jpg.447dfe1044f900b3305a8d71f4dd7988.jpg

1.jpg.915575561e412d01ed8b888c27a3b548.jpg

Absolutely 100% start on meds now, and I say this as a diffuse thinner as well.

You say you may look into a HT in 2-3 years. Well that's the perfect amount of time for you to find out what kind of lasting effects the meds will have on you, and both you and your future HT doc will be far more educated if you get on the meds now.

I'd recommend starting on low dose Fin. 0.25mg or 0.5mg daily should be fine, or even every second day. You should also get on Minoxidil foam as it works well in conjunction with Fin. As a diffuser I would highly recommend you get on meds to give yourself a better chance of a better head of hair.

I never took any tests pre Fin. I must note I have recently come off Fin and am trying out Nettle Root (a natural alternative).

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

you gotta give it a try before thinking of a HT, but remember everyone responds differently on the drug and there may be sheds along the way

you seem pretty good up front and it should work for your crown, start on low dose as mentioned above and monitor for any sides

blood work for DHT levels etc. are a good idea, and member Paulygon has mentioned doing hair density counts every six months which may sound extreme but some people lose ground in the hairline for example so if there is a hair restoration doctor around then pre check your hair density and see how it goes at 6 months and one year

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

you gotta give it a try before thinking of a HT, but remember everyone responds differently on the drug and there may be sheds along the way

you seem pretty good up front and it should work for your crown, start on low dose as mentioned above and monitor for any sides

blood work for DHT levels etc. are a good idea, and member Paulygon has mentioned doing hair density counts every six months which may sound extreme but some people lose ground in the hairline for example so if there is a hair restoration doctor around then pre check your hair density and see how it goes at 6 months and one year

Thankyou for the reply.I had my mind made up that i am going to let my hair thin and when its all gone i will go for a hair transplant but now it seems that i might be a norwood 6 by the age of 25-26 and would not be able to fully restore my hair,which again made me think about finastride. So r u using finastride and did u suffer any side effects??? I am more worried that if i start finastride,get the sides and they dont go away even after i stop using. My front seems strong cause the picture i have uploaded of the front is with flash :P IT really is not this thick which makes me skeptic about all the hair transplant before/after we see lol...Also could u please elaborate a bit on the sheds ??

Absolutely 100% start on meds now, and I say this as a diffuse thinner as well.

You say you may look into a HT in 2-3 years. Well that's the perfect amount of time for you to find out what kind of lasting effects the meds will have on you, and both you and your future HT doc will be far more educated if you get on the meds now.

I'd recommend starting on low dose Fin. 0.25mg or 0.5mg daily should be fine, or even every second day. You should also get on Minoxidil foam as it works well in conjunction with Fin. As a diffuser I would highly recommend you get on meds to give yourself a better chance of a better head of hair.

I never took any tests pre Fin. I must note I have recently come off Fin and am trying out Nettle Root (a natural alternative).

thanks for your reply JohnnyDrama.So being a diffuse thinner how did your hair respond to finastride.Did u suffer any side effects???This is my major concern and well obviously the only thing stopping me from using it.Dont you think i should start on finastride alone to see its results without any minioxidil???also i tried minoxidil5% alone a year back found it too much of a hassle so stopped

Thankyou for the reply.I had my mind made up that i am going to let my hair thin and when its all gone i will go for a hair transplant but now it seems that i might be a norwood 6 by the age of 25-26 and would not be able to fully restore my hair,which again made me think about finastride. So r u using finastride and did u suffer any side effects??? I am more worried that if i start finastride,get the sides and they dont go away even after i stop using. My front seems strong cause the picture i have uploaded of the front is with flash :P IT really is not this thick which makes me skeptic about all the hair transplant before/after we see lol...Also could u please elaborate a bit on the sheds ??

I tried Fin, specifically Proscar 5mg cut into fourths every day for 2 and 1/2 years first try and more recently 3 months last time.

I was lucky in that I never experienced any sexual side effects before or after though I did have slight testicle ache second time which went away after 1 week.

My sides were greasy scalp and forehead and then the sheds, I was losing hair that was otherwise thick and healthy for no apparent reason other than likely a hormonal imbalance in my case.

The thing with this drug is everyone responds differently, and you have to go through a long course of at least 1 year to see your true response to it.

Actually there is genetic test called the HairDX test that can measure your genetic responsiveness to Finasteride. I had it done and the test showed I was a "good responder" which is why I reluctantly restarted...

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

I tried Fin, specifically Proscar 5mg cut into fourths every day for 2 and 1/2 years first try and more recently 3 months last time.

I was lucky in that I never experienced any sexual side effects before or after though I did have slight testicle ache second time which went away after 1 week.

My sides were greasy scalp and forehead and then the sheds, I was losing hair that was otherwise thick and healthy for no apparent reason other than likely a hormonal imbalance in my case.

The thing with this drug is everyone responds differently, and you have to go through a long course of at least 1 year to see your true response to it.

Actually there is genetic test called the HairDX test that can measure your genetic responsiveness to Finasteride. I had it done and the test showed I was a "good responder" which is why I reluctantly restarted...

unfortunately HairDX test is not available in my country....And what could DHT blood levels be used to identify ???

And what could DHT blood levels be used to identify ???

The main purpose of using Finasteride is to lower your DHT levels and DHT induced hairloss, MPB

go dense or go home

• 3 weeks later...
The main purpose of using Finasteride is to lower your DHT levels and DHT induced hairloss, MPB

if it lowers dht wouldn't it increase testosterone and estrogen since testosterone converts to dhts and estrogen.