Natural Alternative to Finasteride ?

Mark2010

is it as effective as Finasteride?

I did try to experiment with saw palmetto years ago (for hair loss), and it was a mistake; my hair loss didn't stop nor improved at all.

My conclusion was that I should have started finasteride much before, and not waste time and precious hair wondering if I could find a "natural" substitute to finasteride.

Among other fields, I had the chance to study nutrition and biochemistry, and I'm certainly not against more "natural" (whatever that means in reality) approaches for health in general.

But Saw Palmetto cannot and will never be as effective as finasteride to treat hair loss for simple reasons:

1- It is not a "specific" treatment, and does not target as precisely as finasteride.

Finasteride is precisely a 5ar inhibitor.

2- The saw palmetto formulations are "not" controlled;

which means that there's absolutely no way you can be sure of the percentage of active ingredients in each bottle and the variations of active ingredients from bottles to bottles (whatever is written on the bottle).

Therefore, you can never be certain of its efficacy, if any...

3- There's never been a convincing or relevant double blind study about its application to treat hair loss.

In other words, if you want to continue losing hair, I don't see any problems with saw palmetto.

If you would rather use saw palmetto to help with an enlarged prostate problem, then I would say: go for it.

I hope that at least I can make you save some precious time, some precious hair, and maybe some precious money in the process.

Best of luck