Cheap PRP-Acell injection

Hi

Some dr offers PRP+Acell injection for $2500, or $3000

Of course, it is very expensive and they use their good repuation to ask a very high price

do you know Drs who can do this for cheap?

Most surgeons who use it as an adjunct to surgery charge between $300-600 from what I've seen. I would not waste money on this as a standalone procedure.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

If you go to ishrs.org and enter PRP in their search bar, you'll read an excellent article on how effective PRP is for athletes with injured tissues in elbows/shoulders but NO EVIDENCE of improvement for hair follicles. Most doctors that offer it charge $3-4k and offer NO GUARANTEES. Net result: marketing to attract more patients.

If you go to ishrs.org and enter PRP in their search bar, you'll read an excellent article on how effective PRP is for athletes with injured tissues in elbows/shoulders but NO EVIDENCE of improvement for hair follicles. Most doctors that offer it charge $3-4k and offer NO GUARANTEES. Net result: marketing to attract more patients.

Isn't the purpose of PRP to speed up the healing time and not improve hair follicles?

Hi

there a more and more evidences that PRP has a stand-alone procedure improve quality and density of hair

and with Acell added, it even better

see some links

**Outside link removed by moderator. Please see our Terms of Service.**

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

zyzz,

First thing's first. Joseph Grego is a Physician's Assistant, not a doctor. He works under his brother's license, who is a doctor. So who ever uploaded the YouTube video should edit its title. Second, person I know who was upset at spending $8k actually did a PRP session with Greco and also with Dr. Markou, Terrible results. I'm not throwing this method under the bus, but considering its low level of success rate, doctors shouldn't charge for it. OR at least give a 100% money back guarantee if they think it's so effective. As it stands the entire risk falls on the shoulders of patients....WRONG!

Considering it's offered as a stand alone method, it's suppose to revitalize dormant follicles to produce hair. Has a very small % of success, reason why doctors have a caption stating "although it's worked for some patients, we can't guarantee it's results on you." Not a good sign to invest $3k.........

The ISHRS has over 1200 members and it's where doctors go to keep up with hair transplant and hair therapy methods. If they say there isn't enough evidence to confirm its effectiveness, that's enough for me to wait and see if it improves. I wouldn't invest in it at the moment........

Since Dr. Joseph Greco, Joseph's brother, is a member of the ISHRS, it would be great for him to present his findings to the ISHRS for their review. This would greatly benefit patients.

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

the procedure is basic, but it works

I know it is very expensive for this is short period of work

but don't criticize PRP without trying it.

just give a try and wait 3 months, and you will see how your hair are thick and strong

you can search on google and you will see that many customers are happy after getting PRP injection

When Doctors guarantee it fully, with money back guarantee if it doesn't work, then it's something worth doing. Small captions stating "although it's worked on other we can't guarantee it'll work on you" and then take your $3k is not something that should fall on patients' shoulders.

So at the moment I think it falls on doctors' hands to guarantee its results if they thinks its results are consistent.