My hair is receding right now, but my family line shows that I could be completely bald down the road. If I choose to use the hair restoration now, I would not need too much added... however, down the road - I will need a LOT. Do guys have enough "donor" hair to cover the entire scalp? My concern is that I will be starting at the front where the receding begins...so when I loose the rest of my hair... I will need to fill in from that point on, instead of just a smaller portion of my head. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

My hair is receding right now, but my family line shows that I could be completely bald down the road. If I choose to use the hair restoration now, I would not need too much added... however, down the road - I will need a LOT. Do guys have enough "donor" hair to cover the entire scalp? My concern is that I will be starting at the front where the receding begins...so when I loose the rest of my hair... I will need to fill in from that point on, instead of just a smaller portion of my head. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

HARRY NOMOORE,

Please post some pics.

"Do guys have enough "donor" hair to cover the entire scalp?"

Basically the donor area has about 1 one-sixth the total hair on the scalp.

Generally one needs approximately 1000 grafts per level of baldness on the NW scale.

If you are heading toward a NW7, then there are a couple of threads not too old that you can look at:

http://hair-restoration-info.c...66060861/m/563105361

http://hair-restoration-info.c...66060861/m/310108551

As a matter of fact, just keep reading all the threads. Most of your answers can be found there.

take care...

Generally one needs approximately 1000 grafts per level of baldness on the NW scale.

This figure is often quote as a rough guide, others would say 1500 per NW level. It depends on lots of factors like your hair density, scalp laxity, hair thickness and how much of a contrast there is between your hair and skin colour (the less the better.) Also you can follow slightly different strategies. Some people go for even coverage with lower density others go for higher density and maybe leave the crown. This may help:

Multimedia presentation on what can be achieved