Timeline for additional FUT a.k.a strip and FUE (non-strip) procedures

There are a number of reasons why a patient should wait ten to twelve months before undergoing additional surgery. There are different circumstances in each patient's individual case. The patient’s goal is one of the main considerations that a surgeon must take into account prior to treating a patient.

The timeline of performing follow-up FUT a.k.a. strip and FUE (non-strip) procedures is different. Strip requires a patient to wait significantly more time (approx. nine months to 1 year) for the donor area to heal. Scalp laxity is a major concern in strip patients and it can vary from patient to patient. A patient seeking FUE can typically avoid any wait at all because there are essentially no limitations with donor area healing. Patients can proceed with additional surgery by FUE at any time if the recipient area (hairline, crown, and mid-scalp) has not been transplanted. Younger patients are generally cautioned to consider medical therapy prior to treating the crown area.

One main reason for not further transplanting into newly treated areas is because the incoming growth may be compromised. Placing grafts on top of newly transplanted hair would greatly increase the chances of destroying the newly transplanted hair. This would not compliment the patient’s results and would waste precious donor resources. An additional treatment plan should not be executed until the yield from the previous treatment session can be assessed. A patient’s results from a treatment session shouldn’t be accessed until they have been given sufficient time to mature.

Meet WHTC's Dr. Patrick Mwamba in London - Free consultations on Feb. 15th, 2014 (Sat.)

1d702355-ad2d-4090-a26a-739f16e01600_zps139261de.jpg

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians